CHAPTER 2

I'M FRICKING SCREAMING BECAUSE I GOT THE VIDEO. YES IT SUCKS BUT WHO CARES!! I'VE GOT MY FIRST VIDEO

TRAILER ABOVE^^

When school dismissed I did as I normally would.

I ran like hell to be the first one out.

When i reached the side walk and began hastily walking.

So i had to run to he pharmacy, get some medication, run home give it to my mom then run to work.

Okay no biggy  Laura you do this everyday.

you can do this.

But i'm so tired.

STOP COMPLAINING YOU CAN DO THIS.

 (Authors Thought: Who am I kidding I can't even run to the basement and back without stopping)

After I got the medication, which took a while because the line was full, I raced down town stopped by the shop to pick up bread and ran home because it wasn't that far.

gosh I needed a bike.

One thing my mother had before she got sick was, when she had an okay job she had both a small house that even though we were poor we at least still had something in our name.

I ran up the small drive way fetching the keys from my jansport backpack.

I opened the door to the anticipating seeing my mother.

"Hey mom." I greeted her panting hard.

"Hey sweetie!" She said cheerfully but weak, putting down a book she was reading.

"I got your pills, i'm gonna give them to you then i have work." I said taking a seat by her bed.

"You work too hard honey." She said rubbing my cheeks.

"Yeah, not enough to give us a proper meal." I said taking out the medication.

"That's because all your little money goes to paying the bills and food-oh sweetie this wasn't the life i wanted for you." She burst into tears.

"It's okay mom, I love you. I'll do everything  i can to take care of you and see you healthy again." I said wiping her tears.

After i gave her something to eat, gave her her medication and bathed her i left for work.

"Hey Lucky charm, you're here great." The owner of the store was an man in his sixties and with a belly made from beer.

He was Irish and called me Luck because the day his business was to close I came in looking for work and he was going to turn me down but a bunch of people came in right after.

"Hey Butch, yeah i'm here." I greeted him with a small wave.

"I see your high school friends out there, so uh, I've got some work in the back for you to do, go help Berta." He said.

And I thanked him.

But the whole journey from school to here one thing was bugging me.

One person.

Ross.

It's been so Long since we talked.

he even forgot my name. It had been so long it was like i was talking to a whole new person, like the Ross I knew back then....just got older and like he forgot me.

But I couldn't blame him, I pushed him away.

Ross and I used to be friends.

Best friends?

Maybe 

But that was a long time ago.

When my life was almost close to perfect.

Ross'S mom and my mom were friends during college and was ever since.

We used to play together, and go over by each other a lot.

Till my mother had gotten sick, and pride didn't allow her to let anyone see her so she packed our things and moved away, then she found my step dad, then he had molested me, so we moved back here.

I was about 12 when i left and almost 14 when i came back.

"Hey Laura, You mind watching these onion rings, i gotta use the bathroom"Berta said

"Sure." I smiled.

When she came back I had already taken them out.

"Hey Laura, you're need a kid just puked." My other Boss, Lisa said pushing her head in.

I sigh "Coming." I put on a fake smile and went for the supplies.

I walked out past my classmates and headed to the family with the nosy kids at the end.

I swallowed my pride  and quickly mopped up the vomit.

The mother telling me thank you and i smiled and nodded.

When i was heading back i passed them as one hit my on the ass and called me names.

"Hey maid! I spilled something." Someone called.

I stopped walking closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

When i opened them butch was looking at me and gave me a sad smile and a thumbs up.

I sighed and turned around.

Just breath.

"I spilled some drink on the floor." He grinned.

I quickly mopped it on and went straight to the back.

About 10:30 pm I finished my work told everyone goodbye and headed through.

Harrighton in the night was lovely. 

and becuase i knew my mother would be sleeping and safe, i went walking about town just to clear my head get some me alone time.

I needed it.

All the problems in my life felt like it was suffocating, i just needed to breathe and not give in.

I was strong.

Better most come.