Chapter 45

Gimme some Love

It's two days since my dad left. He gave me his cell number to contact him if I ever needed anything. I highly doubt I'd call him.

For must of the day ive been sitting at the park. The exact same place where he broke my heart.

Why am here?

I have no idea.
But what I can tell you is that i've been staring at the same spot for the last fifteen minutes.

"Their she is!" I hear an all too familiar voice say.

I spun around on the bench to find the lynch daughters approaching me each with a scowl on their face.

"Where have you been!"

"We have been looking everywhere for you!"

" what's going in Laura?"

I stared at them as each spoke to me at the same time. After their statement and question understood I still stared at them.

"Laura what happened? Ro-ross-"
Brook began before she paused and looked at her sisters and gulped before turning back to me and continuing "Ross wont tell us what happened..." She trailed off.

I just kept staring at them and came to the conclusion that Ross hadn't told his sisters' he had another girlfriend.

I blinked a few times before slapping my hand on my knee "Your brother and I broke up." I said stretching my legs out.

"He told us that'." Allison took a seat next to me while Brooke and Maddie came In front of me.

"Look, Laura. What ever the reason is we're sorry. But we came to tell you something, we're guessing you don't know. But Ross is dying."

My head snapped up from where I was looking down at a patch in the grass. "what?" I asked as I turned to Maddie to see if her sister was crying. If this was their way to make me see Ross.

But as I stared at Maddie her eyes brimmed with water as she nodded lips quivering.

"No." I whispered harshly standing.

"The cancer came back. He doesn't have long left laura." Brooke said as she harshly wiped at the tear that escaped down her red cheeks.

As I stared at them with disbelief I saw the bags under their eyes no doubt from crying.

"W-what when I left him he was well. He cant just be on his dying bed in the space of two weeks. It's just - it's wrong."

I didn't even know what I was feeling right now. I mean yes he cheated on me but he's the love of my life. And that wasn't a fact I could just push to the side.

And its crazy how only last night I was contemplating on taking my own life now someone I love was going to die.

The girls explain Ross' sickness in dept and why the doctors couldn't do much to save him.

"Where is he now?" I ask softly

"he's at the hospital. The doctors wanted to keep a close eye on him. See if some of the medicines help. Even if its to increase his life by a day.
B-but his hair is gone, a-and he's lost a lotta weight a-and-" and Brooklyn broke down crying. Maddie went to console her sister.
Before Ally turned to me.

"You have to come see him Laura. He doesn't have long left."

"W-what would I say? We just broke up. I don't even think he wants to see me." I was said.

"Wrong " Ally said. "I know what happened Laura. Ross told me."

"He did? " brooke and Maddie said.

I wasn't surprised Ally was always closet to Ross and even me.

"And he didn't cheat on you Laura." She said making my head shoot up to hers. A tiny spark of hope within me.

"The you saw was Naomi. She's nothing to Ross other than his friend." She said before sighing " He faked to you that he was cheating on you because he didn't want you know that he was dying. The same day you broke up was the same day he found out."

I was astonished and yet confused "W-What? How? But I wouldn't have left him when he told me!" I cried.

An entire two weeks waisted.

"I know. And I'm sure he did too. that's why he did it. To him you had went through enough heart break he didn't want you to go through another. And especially when he would be the cause of it."

I groaned loudly before bursting into tears.

And that's how I found myself and the three girls speeding down the road to the hospital.

Ross Lynch was the most selfless being I had ever met.

Giving up our love just do that I wouldn't witness his death the way I did with my mother's , the way. I had once done with my own self years ago.

Now I knew the names that he called me, He hadn't meant them! He hadn't cheated on me which means he was still in love with me.

But I was messed up. Too messed up for this world. What could I possibly give to it. To better it..,Nothing other than a depressed teen. But Ross, He had everything in him the world needed in order progress. He was courageous, and selfless, smart. He had the.skills it took to survive and to help other people.

I had no reason to be around anymore... I wanted to go to Yale.in order to get a good career to help my mother, but now that she was gone all the drive and motivation I needed to push to have a good career is gone. And It wasn't that Ross never motivated me.
But I had a solid reason why I pushed myself and with my mother gone I couldn't find that passion in me anymore.

Last night was my breaking I had stood on Harrington's bridge and I almost jumped but I was too much of a coward to and chickened out when I saw a car light. And I could just here my mother screaming "that is not the way Laura. you're not getting rid of your problems. You're just giving them to someone else."

Next thing I know. I'm walking into the large private hospital and staring at a white door.

"Ready?" Ally asked holding unto the handle.

Maddie had a hand in my back for support while
Brooklyn squeezed my hand.

I nodded and not a second later the door opened.

With courage from Maddie and
Brooke and a soft smile from Ally I took my first step in.

He was asleep

The heart monitor the only sound. I hadn't realize till now that the triplet hadn't followed me in.

My heart broke as I took a seat next to his bed. Without my minds consent my hand shot up to his face.

He was skinny showing his cheek bones as he laid asleep. tiny blades of hair shouting out on his jaw.

I ran my hand over his bald scalp as tears escaped my eyes "Ross." I whimpered softly running my fingers down his now shallow cheeks.

I hadn't speak loud as if my caress woke him he snuggled into my hand before his eyes fluttered open hazel orbs connecting with mine before a raspy whisper escaped his lips "Baby."