CHAPTER 14

____________________________________________________________

"Laura, Ross has cancer."

Everyone has their secrets.

Whether it be something good or something bad.

Like that woman whose been trying to get pregnant for years. Last week she found out she was pregnant; it's been so long since she trying that she doesn't even know how to tell her husband.

That sixteen year old girl just found out she was pregnant from a drunken one night stand. She has strict parents and just decided that this one time she would have fun. Such unfortunate circumstances.

That high school senior just got accepted to Yale. Awesome. but he doesn't know how to tell his girlfriend who would be going to university half way across the world, thinking they'd go together.

And there's so much more that we hide daily from either people we car about, or the world.

When Mrs.Lynch told me Ross had cancer i didn't know what to think.

My brain felt like it had shut down for a few seconds and my body was trembling as i took a seat in shock at the revelation.

My eyes burnt as my lips quivered "W-what?" 

Ross and I haven't been friends for long.

But from now to the moment he said he would be my partner things in my life had change.

Butch called me his lucky charm, but it was as if Ross was my lucky charm. From the moment i met him i felt as if at least just some of the hings that has darkened my life. as if my sins had washed away. He made me happy and joyful by just being around me. 

"He has lung cancer, it's something he was born with."  Madison said sitting next to me and rubbing my back.

I turn to her tears slipping down my face.

"H-how? W-wh does he have Lung Cancer? He doesn't deserve it." I said.

"I know sweetheart, I know. But Ross is just one of the few people who has lung cancer without without any hardcore cause of it. It's just the way it is." She said.

I wiped the few tears that slipped from my eyes and stood up.

I followed in the direction Mr.Lynch left.

When I found him he was leaning over the balcony that showed the view of their massive pool.

I stood next to him quietly.

"When Lauren and I married, we always said that we would have one boy and one girl." He spoke quietly " When she first got pregnant we were so happy, and when the results came out we were astonished that we were having triplet girls. Of course as a man and father you're happy, but my heart yearned for a son." 

I stayed quiet as he spoke.

"When we had the girls, the doctor told us it would be a risk to have another child, but Lauren knew how bad i wanted a boy. So seven years later, she got pregnant again...When i found out it was a boy; Lord i was so happy so excited. I was the happiest man alive. " He breathed.

I smiled a the thought of Ross as a tiny baby.

"When he was born....I was so trilled. I had a son! My son!..." I watched as the smile fell off his face "Then, they took him. They told us he was sick. He had lung cancer." His voice seemed to weaken "How was that? Neither his mother nor I smoked. How could my only son have Lung cancer." 

"The doctors said he would still have live like a normal child, he'd just have to go to the hospital regularly. I was so scared to lose my son that his childhood i took him away from any sports activity anything that would cause harm to him. But as he grew older it became harder. He was a strong headed wild child. and I couldn't change that." He said before turning to me.

"Laura, you and Ross have this connection that none of us can explain. He responds to you on a level that none of us can, I've seen it with my own eyes. You have to convince him Laura. You have to tell him to stop. I can't died Laura. I can't lose him." He was crying as he begged me.

My eyes teared up again as i looked at him " I-I don't know Mr.Lynch. I care about Ross. But I've seen him. He's good t what he does, he loves it.  Asking him to stop something that loves is like ripping out his heart. He won't function." I shake my head.

"I can't lose him Laura! He's my son!" He cried.

"I know that Mr.Lynch. But i think you should just talk to Ross first." I said sadly before walking away.