Chapter 29

To say I was nervous was an understatement. Like what the hell could they be talking about. Of course not good things.

I honestly felt guilty for this. It would be my fault that Courtney and ross broke up...but then again...would that be so bad?

Ross and Courtney probably spoke for thirty minutes before the door to Ross' room opened.

All eyes turned to her. Her eyes bloodshot and puffy.

With Condemning eyes she turned to me. Her long legs carrying her directly in front of me. I slowly stood were I was. With chest held high she stopped when she reached me.

"Courtney I-"

"i don't care what you say. I will never forgive you. I never considered you a competition Laura. That was for one reason, you were just never considered the-thief-a-girl's-boyfriend type of girl. But obviously i've let my guard down and trusted you too much." She said. He voice low as she stared down at me.

"Courtney i never stole Ross away from you. You pushed him away when all he wanted was your support for the things he loved. Plus you had no right speaking to his mother the way you did. That was between me and you and I'm sorry if anything happened between you two, but you also did kind of confessed that you were just using him for his money." I said.

I honestly felt a bit intimidated and that was because she was taller than me. But i also knew that if she attacked that i'd get a good few punches at her stomach. but then again she's rich and I don't know what kind of kung fu, tai chi , shifu, yoga shit she did when she was younger.

"Okay, maybe i did messed up my relationship with Ross. But we both knew he was growing feelings for you. After all you were the one playing the damsel in distress roll while." She scoffed "And he had to go with his stupid big caring heart to you rescue." She said her voice almost cracking.

"Courtney, You and I both know Ross does not have feelings for me. He was always speaking about you and asking questions about you. Courtney, I was never in the picture for him other than as his friend-Best friend. But the moment you decided to shout on his mother... That was the moment you lost him." I said softly.

And that's when she broke down crying.

Brooklyn scoffed on the other side of the room rolling her eyes, While her Allison showed her fist in the air, motioning that she was ready to fight anytime and Maddie just twirled a pocket knife in her hand a death glare on her face.

I caught her before she could completely fall on the floor.

"It's going to be okay Courtney, It's not the end of the world. They're other boys out their." i tried calming her down.

"Not as wealthy as him!" She cried.

And that's when I dropped her ass on the cold floor.

I shook my head "You're kidding me right?" I was now pissed off.

"That sweet boy is in their, A damn hospital. He broke up with you and all you care is that you lost the chances of being little miss Wealthy!...." People were staring so I just took a deep breath to calm myself down. " J-just go Courtney." I said before walking away.

><><><><><><><><><><

Ross had spent a few more weeks in the hospital. which I spent everyday after school coming to give him work and help him study. With the help of his entire football team they helped my collect his work. I could officially say the boys and I were on good terms. Of course due to Ross and Bishop.

Today was the day Ross was coming out of the hospital. He hadn't know but almost the entire school was here to support him. Rumors had spread around school that he was sick and when they ask what day he was coming out. They hurdled in group to support their beloved even teacher's and the principal was their to bring home their star athlete.

"You excited to be out ross?" The doctor asked him.

Ross was finally dressed out of the hospital gown and back into his own clothes. Mr. and Mrs.Lynch signed a few papers for him while his sister's pulled at his cheeks to take selfie's with him.

"Ouch! Stop that Mads!" he cried swatting away his sister's hand." He glared a her for a few more seconds before turning to his doctor and plastering a smile on his face "Sure am Doc."

I laughed at how quick he changed his facially expression.

They stayed a spoke to the doctor before saying goodbye.

Before I could walk out the door the doctor pulled me back "Uh,hi, it's Laura right?"

I nodded

"Great. We didn't get to speak much, but... I just wanted to speak to you. As Ross' Girlfriend. You need to be strong for him. I don't know if they told you anything else yet but you need to have a open minded that anything could happen." He said to me.

"Oh-uh, sir, I'm not Ross' girlfriend...i'm just the best friend." I smiled.

His eyes widened "Oh dear, Sorry. it's just that you were here everyday and I seemed like -you know."

I nodded smiling. "Yeah, I know. But we're just friends." I smiled.

"Okay. But remember keep an open mind about it. Things happen." He smiled.

"Okay."

What' s that supposed to mean.

When I caught up with the lynch's they were already outside and everyone had already shouted surprise.

They ushered ross' with gifts and balloons and so one.

><><><><><><><

I didn't go home. I went straight up to the Lynch's.

Ross and I were in his bedroom doing some reading since exams were the following week.

"Are you nervous?" He asked me.

Ross was laying on his bed facing me while i was seated at on his navy blue bean bag.

"Not really. I know that i've studied a lot. But i'm more nervous that Yale won't think I'm good enough." I frowned.

He smiled softly "You've got this Laur. I know you do"

I smiled at him. gosh this boy made it hard to push feeling for him away.

"So have you gotten your dress for Prom?" He grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes. He had made it clear that i WAS GOING. "Not yet." I smiled.

"Well. you've got enough time. But just be ready to dance your heart out because I've got the moves like jagger.