Epilogue

It's hard
The days just seem so dark
The moon and the stars
Are nothing without you

Your touch, your skin
Where do I begin?
No words can explain
The way I'm missing you

Deny this emptiness
This hole that I'm inside
These tears
They tell their own story

Told me not to cry when you were gone
But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong - Sam Smith

______________________

ROSS' POV

Six years Later

In loving memories
Of
Laura Marie Marano

2000 ~ 2017

He saw the Beauty in her Darkness
She saw the Darkness in his Beauty

Keep chasing for the sun, don't slow it down.

Sighing I placed the single rose on her tomb stone before lifting my head towards the sky before letting fall back down looking at the marble tomb stone.

"You left."

Two small words that tumbled out of my mouth laced with so much pain.

"You left and you didn't even say goodbye; Not to my face at least. I know i'm six years too late to beg you to come back to me but what do expect, huh?"

It's the nineteenth of August the year 2022. today's her death Anniversary. The day she gave up everything so that I could live again. My Laura.

The road after her death wasn't anything pretty. I had fell into depression and had lost my will to live. After all how could i have possibly moved on from such a heart wrenching event in my life. I had hated my parents for a while. putting on a year long tantrum. Crashing my car burning the grand piano. I had turned to crashing parties and staying away without. Contacting any of my family members. it had even reached to the were I used drugs just to have it pumped out of my system after I had almost died by over dosing. I hadn't realised then but I was trying to forget her in order to escape the hurt and pain that I felt. Till my father fed up of my delinquent behavior and had literally had Mason and carter, My sisters' boyfriends tie my to a chair bounding me by my wrist and ankles. Thinking back on it I hadn't realised how broken my father was till now.

"that's enough Ross!" He had shouted tears streaming down his face as he hands folded into a fist by his sides.

"You think we don't miss her? We do Ross! But you have got to let it go. No amount of drugs , partying or adrenalin Rush is going to bring her back!" The veins had popped up in his neck as he spat at me and though he was angry all I saw in his eyes were love for his only son.

"Miss her? You don't miss her you never did. You don't know what it's like to loose the love of your life! Mom is right their!" I had spat pointing my head in the direction of my sobbing mother who was being held up by my sisters. " You can hold her, you can touch her, kiss you can tell her you love her when ever the hell you want to.
But Laura, she's gone! And I never got to say goodbye." It was in that moment when I broke. " I never got to say goodbye." I croaked before falling into tears.