Chapter 33

Song I found my voice -lost and found

The teacher was late.
And unlike most students, I sat in my usual seat at the back of the class we with my text book in my face. Their was no free time. Any little chance that I had to study I would. Exams begin four days after prom. I needed to get into Yale. No doubt about that.

"I'm telling you you i saw them. They came together, then they walked in holding hands
Then Ross kissed her. I saw it with my four eyes. I wear glasses for a reason."

I've been trying to ignore all the stares and comments tossed at me. But sometimes its hard. So instead of blanking them out, I quietly listened to what they were saying.

"Bull. I have to see it with my own eyes. Ross is from the richest family in Harrington. His father inherited Hus  great grandfather three rum's factory, one here, one in Ohio and one in new York and his father, aside from his job has hundreds of organizations. Ross will NEVER date a lowlife whore."

It was a group if girls sitting at the table in front if me. I don't know if they wanted me to hear or not. but anyway they didn't care.

"yeah. but anyway isn't he dating Courtney Eaton. she goes to CHA. I heard they were dating."

"Ew, I hated that stuck up bitch. But . but  I heard they broke up and she's with the captain of the jockey team up their. I'm telling you. Ross is with Laura now."

"I refuse to believe it. Ross is way too good for her. She's just a weirdo. she's like Jughead only he's way hotter. God bless Cole Sprouse  ."

"Look at her clothes ......new, clean clothes. Her hair is curled and she actually looks like she took a bathe. My cousin told me she saw her with Ross' sisters shopping a while ago. You guys don't have to believe me but-"

They were cut off by the teacher coming in.

Finally.

After second and third period it was time for lunch.

"Come on Laur, please have Lunch with me? ".  Rose was begging me to eat lunch with him and Adelaide. He had promised not tob sit with his friends.

"Ross I'm honestly fine. Go have lunch with your friends.  I like being by myself. Please just let me do this." I begged as he dragged me in the cafeteria.

Truth was my  day was hard. ive been shoved into lockers , kicked. had my hair pulled and gum on my jeans all because the news of me dating Ross had spread.

I didn't want to tell him to worry him or blame him....I was used to this  sort of treatment.

"Nope. We're having Lunch together." He said.

When we came through the cafeteria doors.  All head and eyes turned to us and zoomed in on our entwined fingers and whispers spread throughout the room.

Even the lunch lady was stared at us.

I took a deep breath.

Rose dragged us over to the table filled with football players.

"Ross. My man" bishop said.

Ross and bishop were back to normal after their fight.

"Hey bro." Ross said.

"I see you brought your little lady." Bishop said.

"Yeah. Gotta show her 'round to the peeps you know what I mean." Ross said.

"Yeah. Hey Laura." Bishop waved at me.

The entire football team followed   suit "hi laura."

My cheeks instantly went red. "Hi." I squeaked before hiding behind Ross' back.

I didn't do well with so much attention.

They chuckled at my antics “oh she's shy. Didn't seem so when she was beating the shi out that last chick." One said making the others laugh.

They spoke for a short while before we took a seat by Adelaide's table.

"here go by something for us to eat." He said handing me money.

"No Ross I'll pay my own." I answered.

Nothings supposed to change. But how could it not. I was now dating him, not just  his partner or friend.

"Come in Laur don't be stubborn take the money and buy something for both of us." He pleaded quietly.

Adelaide just sat staring at us.

"Ross i-" I began.

He pulled me unto his  lap. "Come on laura, let me spoil you." he begged.

"Let me feel like a boyfriend and spoil my girl. This isnt me babying or spoon feeding you.  know how you feel about that." He said to me.

I stared st him before saying "you promise you're not pitying or taking sympathy on me."

He knew how much I hated to feel weak.

" I promise."

I sighed before getting up off him to join the line.

___________________

I was in the line for two minutes. Just enduring the pleasure of hearing people talk about me as the pulled at my hair and kicked me.

Oh joy.

When I got our food I was heading back when I girl walked to me and said "you dont deserve him slut." And puree juice all over my hair.

Thats it.

I dropped my tray if food the entire cafeteria silencing.

I see ross ready to come to me but Adelaide held him back.

Thanks Addy, I need to do this.

I closed my eyes before opening it trying to calm my anger.

"Yes. YOU'RE MAD. YES I DON'T DESERVE ROSS. TRUST ME I KNOW THAT. AND I KEEP REMINDING  MYSELF. But who are any of you to judge me!"

The entire cafeteria was still as I spoke.

" everyone of you know my what I did. But you DO NOT KNOW NY STORY....I DONT OWE ANY OF YOU AM EXPLANATION BUT, GOD . I NEED TO GET IT OFF MY CHEST. im sure that more than half of you in here has someone affected by cancer. I am one of the many. My mother has cancer. so I needed money. I sold my body for money. You can call me all the names you want. But one think I know is that I will never regret saving my mothers life. Yes they're do much other ways to get money. But not fast enough to save her life. so I did what I had to do." My voice was breaking as I spoke.

"everybody goes through trials. Life is a bitch. We all face it. we need ti stop bullying and fighting each other. How many more suicides will it take for us to finally learn. "

"we need to stop bringing down one another and help each other. I'm not saying like me. Frankly I font Care whether you like me or not. But I do not deserve the BULLSHIT that you guys put me through.

" And Ross. He's the most perfect boy I've ever met. He's sweet and kind and loving and hella sexy." I said making the football team whistle and everyone laughed.

Ross winked at me and drew strength from that. "Ross is freaking amazing. And I didn't recognize it until now. But I don't just like him,i  love him. "

"You may say Im just using him for his money. But trust me I'm not, all I want is his love. I love you Ross lynch. And I'm not afraid to say it."

"I love you too laura Marano." Ross shouted.

My heart went crazy.

He walked up to Mr before kissing me in front the entire school.

And He wasn't ashamed to love me.

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

IM SORRY IF ITS MIXED UP. I HATE MY PHONE!

I hope you guys loved it