CHAPTER 13

"Hey." I smiled back at him.

"Lemme guess? your mom's here?" He asked taking a seat next to me.

I chuckled "Yup."

"How was practice?" I asked him.

He shrugged "It was alright. my body pains like hell...but, i love it." 

"That's great." I smiled.

I felt a bit awkward now talking to him, knowing that i had feelings for him and all.

"Well, i should hit the showers I've got a date with Courtney in a bit." He said standing.

I smiled and waved as he walked away.

Was it totally okay to say i felt awkward?

Cause I did.

I honestly i didn't know what to do other than stare at the walls.

I didn't know how long i was sitting their but Courtney came we talked for a while, Ross came out and they left.

My mother was still talking out back.

Then Mr.Lynch came home.

"Laura! how are you today?" He smiled resting his briefcase on the table.

I hadn't spoken to Mr.Lynch a lot but i knew that he was a very fun and respectable man. and though at first he looks like he could have a hard he was very friendly.

"Hey, Mr.Lynch. I'm great how about yourself." I smiled up at him.

He took a seat and sighed. "I'm okay, the old bones a bit tired, but i'll survive. So where's everyone?"

"Uh, well Mom and Mrs.Lynch are out back talking-" I said.

"Ah, those ladies have the world of catching up to do." He laughed.

i chuckled "The girls i think, would have probably left, Mason and Carter we them." i said and he mumbled something about hormones.

"Ross came from practice and  left on a date with Courtney-" I watched as Mr.Lynch's face paled.

"Practice? What practice?" He said alarmed eyes wide.

What? They don't know ross plays football?

"Um...football..." I said which more came out as a question.

I didn't know ross didn't want his parents know he plays football. I don't understand, the girls knew... but Mr.Lynch doesn't?

Mr. Lynch stood to his feet and pulled out his phone and began dialing something.

His hands on his wasted as he had a pissed off expression on his face.

I took a few seconds before someone answered, he had put the phone on speaker.

"Hey dad what's up?" I could hear Ross speak through the phone.

I was nervous and felt sick, i had no idea what was happening.

"Get Home Now." Mr.Lynch gritted through his teeth before ending the call.

"LAUREN!" He shouted for his wife.

"MICHAEL?" She called back before we heard footsteps coming towards us before her and my mom came into view.

"Michael what's wrong sweetie? She asked when she saw her husband pacing around the room.

I was too scared to speak.

His eyes darted to me fire in them "Tell her what you just told me." He said.

My mother and Mrs.Lynch's eyes turned to me.

"Sweetie what's wrong?"

"Laura, what' going on?" 

Mother mother and Mrs.Lynch asked at the same time.

My throat got dry as my hands began to tremble.

"Uh-Um,R-Ross plays football." I said weakly.

Mrs. Lynch dropped on the couch

The room fell silent.

As footsteps stopped.

We turned around and saw Madison frozen in place before she quickly ran back.

"Come back here young lady!" Mr.Lynch's voice boomed.

We heard shuffling before she came back her head bowed as she played with her fingers.

What have I done.

"Did you know your brother plays football?" Mrs.Lynch asked her daughter.

Madison shifted from one foot to the other before nodding slowly "Oh my god" Mrs.Lynch cried out.

"I can't believe you Maddie!" Mr.s.Lynch said disappointed.

"But he's really good and he wanted to!" She protested.

"IT IS FOR HIS OWN GOOD!" Mr.Lynch shouted.

causing us to flinch.

"Sweetie calm down." Mrs.Lynch said to her husband.

He scoffed angrily before walking away muttering "Calm down?"

"Where is ross now?" His mother asked.

"Mr.Lynch called him back, he's on his way." I spoke up.

Mrs.Lynch ran her hands frantically through his hair.

"What's going on, I whispered weakly.

I felt as if i had awoken a storm in this family.

His mother looked at me weakly.

"Laura, Ross has cancer."

_________________________________________________________

MUST READ

Hey guys. So i definitely don't major in anything Cancer like. So if you know that people can have cancer and play sports. please don't be offended or upset. cause from what i've research (I'm lazy so it's not much) people still play sports and have cancer....so yes, maybe what i wrote is wrong. But come on it's called FICTION for a reason. PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED I BEG OF YOU. i love you guys so much! lots of hugs and kisses.