CHAPTER 4

2 weeks Later.

It's a Saturday and Butch called and told me to take the day off.

I was on my bed reading when my phone rang.

i was sure it was Butch who changed his mind and was asking for me to comeback it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Laura." Ross answered fro the other side.

I froze for a moment.

Oh shit i totally forgot the assignment. Ross was absent for all this week but the assignment wasn't due in a months time.

Yeah our teachers likes to know that we had enough time, and if we submitted, no second chance.

we had to choice to bring it in early if you wanted.

"Uh hello, Laura?"   He asked again.

"Ross, hi." I said sitting up in my bed, my mother turned and watch my brows raised.

"So um, I was wondering what you thought about if we started working on our assignment, i mean two weeks kinda went down the drain because I was sick.So what does today look like for you, are you busy are you working?"

I looked around, i had done everything, even y mom her education so she was moving around.

"Uh no, I'm free." I said "Send me your address." 

"No,no, i live good distance away, i wouldn't want you to pay a lot of money, send me your address and i'll come pick you up." He said.

"No it's okay where do you live." I said.

If he came for me that means he'll see where you're living.

Hell Laura, he already knows you're poor he wouldn't be surprised.

"Laura, I live at Upper Harrington." He said softly and slowly.

That was enough to shut me up.

Upper Harrington was a place i hadn't seen strictly because only the wealthy families lived there.

While Lower Harrington was a place where i live, and like the name suggests it's for the lowers.

It was a far ride for me, and i'd have to pay a lot of money, and the buses didn't even pass through some of the communities strictly because the people didn't want them and even there probably had 50 cars each.

"Oh um." I searched for words but couldn't find any.

"Text me your address and i'll come for you." He said softly before the call ended.

I sent him a my address  and was about to send another one telling him to meet me at a store when my phone died.

So if you're wondering if i'm living in the poor part of Harrington, and i said Butch's store is popular..how is that.

Well Butch's store is located in the Heart of Harrington, it was a middle class area where the middle class live, but it was popular for people pf different class, but upper, middle and lower.

I looked at myself.

Less than two weeks ago Adelaide had even me new clothes and told me to take care of myself and i was back to square one, the clothes that she had even me looked just like my others, and that was because water still wasn't coming through our pipes.

my nails filthy, my skin had dirt from helping Mr.Adams bring in some mole for his crops, just so i could get some more money.

I quickly went for the wipes but only one more remained.