CHAPTER 8

Periods are Red

I'm feeling Blue

Screw you hormones.

Mother Nature, I hate you

*****

When Monday came, I wasn't feeling good at all my tummy hurt and I was cranky as ever.

When I got into school, i kept my head down and stayed in my little corner.

I endured first period and second period with my head on the desk as the teacher spoke.

She couldn't be bothered with me so she kept teaching.

Now this,young people is what you get for not drinking tea.

I'm pretty sure i have gas right now and i'm on the verge of vomiting.

third period was almost over and i was fighting the pain, i was getting cold sweat and my body was trembling.

When the bell rang kids cheered and walked out the class.

"Laura, are you okay?" The teacher asked.

"Uh,yeah i'm fine." I nodded.

She looked at me for a second before walking out the class.

I sighed and got up.

My jansport bag on one shoulder i walked out the classroom.

The hallway was already busy with children walking all over because it was lunch.

When i began walking down the hall kids began their usual laughter and staring at me. 

A few gasp escaped and kids laughed as i past some began taking out their phones and videoing

The hallway was now in laughter as i passed.

Come on,you guys have seen me before!

I thought we were over this!

The sad part about it was my belly was hurting so bad that i couldn't really walk fast as kids pulled out their phones and laughed at me.

I didn't get why today was different.

They always saw me and laughed,yeah i still hadn't had a bath or anything but i'm usual filthy Laura.

I was walking with my head down as kids in front of stood waiting to see what the others were laughing at when a body pressed itself right up to my back,gripping my arms so their front was pressed to my back.

I immediately turned  around to defend myself when those that now faced me gasp and began laughing.

When I looked up ross stared back at me.

I stared confused but he didn't say anything just turned me back around so my back was to him,he gripped my arms tight to put me place.

"Ross what are you-" I struggled to turn around to face him as i blocked out my school mates laughing at me.

Ross held me in place and began pushing me forward so i could walk his body still pressed to my back.

"Ross what are you-" i tried ripping my hands from his grip.

"Laura,stop fighting me,i'm trying to help,you've got your period on you."He whispered harshly in my ear.

My entire body became numb.