Chapter 24

"I promise if you stay, We'll never fade away."

"Laura stop moving."

"It's gonna burn me!"

"Ross get out the room!"

"Ouch! It burned me!"

"Oh shush, it didn't."

"GET OUT ROSS!"

"Okay,sheesh!"

The girls were trying to get me ready for the party and it was chaos. Brooklyn was doing my hair and Allison my makeup while Maddie got out some clothes.

"I think you guys are taking this to the extreme it's just a party!" I cried.

Allison looked back at me and pause then said "She's right, i'll do her make up light, probably just lipstick and her eyebrows. The real thing is their prom night." 

The sisters conversed for a second and decided i was right and kept the whole thing at a minimum.

They dressed me in simple black tube dress and paced my hair in a bun.

"You look so sexy!" Brook cried.

We had a little fight over my shoes, I'm allergic to heels. Yes I am.

Ross barged into the room and rescued me, like literally throwing me over his shoulders, picking up simple black sandals from Allison's hand and walking out the house.

His parents were both at work. Ross placed me on the ground when we got outside.

"You look good." He winked.

I blushed and rolled my eyes turning towards the front door where the triplets emerged from.

"Ross here." Brooklyn said handing her brother a brown jacket. Ross thanked her and shoved it on.

"You guys are matching!" Maddie squealed before snapping a picture. Ross laughed and I leaned on him to balance me so I could slip on the sandals he took for me.

We told his siblings bye and headed out.

I called my mother to check up on her. She was overjoyed that i was finally going out with a friend and 'especially Ross'  saying she's happy that her best friend's son is now my best friend.

"Are you scared?" He asked as we drove.

"A little." I confessed.

He smiled "You'll be fine, plus I'll be besides you the entire time." 

We made small talk and made jokes until we queited down.

"Ross?"

"Laura." He answered.

"What's it like having cancer?" I asked softly as we stopped at the traffic light.

Ross and I were swiftly developing A strong friendship that was unlike any other I've been in. We would speak together late at night and I found myself being weird without his presence. He was like my rock and I can truly say that from the moment that he entered into my life my life has taken a swift change to something a bit better.

He sighed "It's... I don't know, It's all I've known. Having cancer is a norm for me, I was born with it and I don't really know anything else, what it's like to truly be healthy. Cancer is just something I have to live with." He said before we pulled off.

It was something sad, but my mother and Ross had began bonding over having Cancer. It was sad but they had also grown  bond with each other, as a matter of fact the lynch's and my mom and I were now a little family.

We spoke a little while before Ross pulled up to the party.

We got out and he quickly came to my side .

We could hear the music from here with tons of cars as some kids walking in and out.

Ross was staring at a silver vehicle and i felt his muscles tense and I quickly realize the vehicle to be Bishops.

"Ross please tell me you'll try to make up, He's your best friend and I feel sorry for breaking up your friendship. I know  he means a lot to you." I said to Ross.

He debated in his head before turning to me "But he was rude to you laura- I can't be friends with him for that-"  He spoke before i cut him off.

"No Ross, and he was always best friend who was with you through it all. Come on Ross, I can forgive him for that. Ross please-talk to him." I begged.

"He should be the one that apologizes." Ross said before grabbing my hand and dragging me into the building.

I gripped Ross' hand tighter as we walked through the doors. I shifted closer to him and he loosed our hand grip just to wrap his hand around my waist pulling me close to him "I got you." He whispered sending shivers down my back.

Kids gritted ross while other chose to ignore me and others looked at me shocked.

The music was loud so when ever we wanted to speak we'd have to shout in each others ear.

Ross we turned to find all of ross' team mates, most of the hailed him up while Bishop glared. A angry black and blue mark on his right eye.

"Go talk to him." I nudged ross.

He nodded firmly "I'll give him a chance to apologize." He said before walking up to them, They all gave each other weird bro hugs before ross turned to Bishop.

I shifted from one foot to the other, the entire football team looking at me.

Okay...just breathe.

Ross and Bishop spoke shortly before giving each  other a bro hug.

ALREADY! Boys are so were, they get over arguments  way faster than girls do.

I moved away from a group of girls passing just to see Bishop looking at me, he spoke something to ross making him turn to me.

Why are they both looking at me. I began panicking.

They spoke softly before they both approached me.

"Uh what's going on?" I shouted over the music.

Ross smiled before Bishop began speaking "Laura, I owe you an apology. You were right I hated you because I was hurt that you rejected me and that was dumb, I'm truly sorry and I hope they you could somehow find it in your heart to forgive me." He apologized.

I blushed quickly then smiled "It's okay Bishop, we're cool.
" I smiled.

He grinned at me before whispering something in ross' ear. Ross' eyes widened before he shook his head.

Bishop grinned then said "You're cool Laura." before walking away.

I blushed a little then turned to ross "What'd he say?" 

"For me to know, and you to find out." He grinned.

"Come on-" I begged but he cut me off.

"SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME!" He said pulling my hands and pulling me on the dance floor.

I laughed and we wasted no time to dance.

It was official. Ross was the world's best terrible dancer. Well we both were which made it all the more fun.We laughed with each other and danced. He brought us drinks and the night was merry.

If only I knew that would be the jolliest I'd be in a while, I'd have lived it a bit longer.

_____________________________________________

sorry for the long wait babies, I've missed you guys