Chapter 39

Dusk Till Dawn - Zayn ft Sia

True to her words the weeks leading  up to my mother's funeral I tried pushing Ross away.

True to his words. He didn't let me. He would give me my space knowing that I needed it but every night he made sure I slept in his bed with him. Never allowing Me to feel that I was alone or abandoned.

The lynches had been the ones organizing my mothers funeral and would run everything by me before they made a final decision which they did our of respect because truly they didn't have to. It was their money being spent after all.

I had spent everyday crying till now. The actual day of my mother's funeral and I felt no tears. I had cried till their was nothing left to cry.

"You ready?" Ross asked from behind me.

My eyes snapped up at his reflection on the mirror as he stared back at me.

"N-no." I knew he was referring if I was finished getting myself ready but he knew exactly what I was talking about now as he wrapped his arms around me from behind pressing a tender kiss on my neck.
"I was never ready to let her go Ross." I said my voice breaking.

He hugged me tighter. As if contemplating what to say he settled for a scripture "Weeping may endure for the night but joy cometh in the morning." He sighed "that's the exact words from the bible my grandmother said to me when my grandfather died. And though I frowned on it when she recited it, I later found it to be true. So...I may not have the right words to say but hold unto that. I'm not saying forget your mother and go on as if she never existed. But what I'm trying to say is, I know that you're in so much pain now. But it will get better some day."

And truthfully I did draw strength from that.

I sighed before turning around, getting on my tippy toes to kiss him before saying "I love you."

He smiled down at me brushing my hair away from my face. "I love you." He repeated before pecking my lips one more time.

A sharp knock came at the door before Mr.Lynch shoved his head in. "Laura when you're ready you have some people waiting on you outside." He said before he disappeared.

I sighed before fixing my short black dress.

When we got outside I was surprised to see who it was that Mr.Lynch was referring to.

Bishop, Adelaide, half of the old football team, even butch, his wife and my old coworkers, Courtney and her four friends

What touched my heart was that some of them had already left for an early settling in for college  or Uni and they still showed up to give me their support.

I huged them all and they gave me their sympathy. But the one that really touched me was Courtney and her friends.

"I'm a jerk. A really stupid jerk. I did you wrong laura, and you Ross and I'm sorry."she talking to both me and Ross.

"Ross is an amazing guy. And if anyone deserves him, it's you Laura. I have so much to learn before I could even love someone and I owe that all to you two. I honestly knew I needed to apologize but I'm sorry I took your mother's death for me to. And on behalf of me and my girls we'd like to say sorry and we offer our condolences." Courtney said handing me a gift bag. "It's home made chocolate chip cookies." She grinned.

I smiled before pulling her into a hug.

__

The funeral was tough and when I thought I had no more tears to cry I was proven wrong twice when Brooke, Maddie and Ally sang a special song and when they wore lower her into the earth.

All two times Ross was besides me.

When the funeral ended and ever left for the happy hour/wake i stayed back at the ground just starring as Ross stood a bit away waiting on me.

A few mintues later the time being 6:43 he approached me hugging me tightly.

"You'll never be along baby. I've got you and I never plan to let you go." Ross said squeezing me to him.

"Never do." I sighed into his chest.

"Your girlfriend?" A voice asked behind us making both Ross and I spin around.

I tall man about his mid forties stood behind us hands in his pocket as he smiled at us.

"Uh yeah." Ross answered his arm wrapping around me protectively.

"Who are you?" I asked. His eyes turned to me his smile widening.

"Would you like yo know?" He said. His eyes flashes with something that leaves me confused.

Pride.

"My, you look just like her." He smiled

I nodded confused watching as he took as step forward.

"Why, I'm your father Laura."

And before I knew it I had gripped Ross' hand pulling him to his car. When we got in I screamed at him to drive. "DRIVE ROSS, DAMMIT, DRIVE!" I screamed as tears folded out of my eyes.

He drove and drove straight to His home. No one was their, everyone was at the wake being held at Butch's diner.

I went straight to ross' room instantly ripping the black dress off of me as tears continually pour out of my eyes.

"Woah Laur!" Ross shouted alarmed trying to shield his eyes before I pulled him to me and smashing my lips to his hungrily.

He was startled for a second before he kissed me back.

"Make love to me Ross." I whispered out of breath as I pulled away.

He stared back at me. Eyes wide. "W-what? You sure?" He asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yes. Make me forget. Take away the pain." I panted.

I kissed him again before he lifted me up and carried me to his bed.

____________
I trued making it up to you guts for the long wait.