CHAPTER 10

This Chapter is dedicated to @Raura_1995 for coming out of absolutely know where and into my notification making me smile all the time

@Raura_1995 THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Ross and I stared at the photograph for a while till the kettle began screaming.

So that's why i found Ross' mother familiar, their a picture of her and my mom in their younger days in my house.

"What does this mean?" Ross asked as he found a cup and pour the water in, making tea.

Before I could reply my mother walked in.

She was startled to see Ross as he handed me the steaming cup of tea.

"Ross, it's good to see you." She grinned coming in.

"Hey Ms.Marano." He grinned at her as he handed me the tea.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.

And I miserably explained what happened in school.

"Ross, you're a god sent." Mom said as she took a seat rubbing my back.

He smiled and tell her it was okay.

"Mom, who  is this woman to you in the photograph." I asked setting back the photo frame in it's place.

Ross stood in front of us with his arms crossed anticipation written all over his face.

I watched as a sad smile settled on my mother's face.

 "That was my best friend from childhood,Lauren, Laura I named you Laura because it was close to her name.we were bot eighteen in the picture." She said staring at the photo.

Ross took a seat on the carpeted floor "What happened between you too? did you have a fight?" 

"Oh no,Life happened. Lauren and I grew up in the same neighbourhood, right here. But the difference between us was, she was determined to get out of this dump, but me, I was young and dumb. I thought this place was all we had, this place was home. Lauren moved on when to college then university on scholarship. She was smart, a genius. while I remained here, Things happened, we weren't in touch, I moved away and came back but i still never found out what happened to her. She was my best friend in the entire world." A few tears escaped her eyes as i squeezed her hand.

Then she snapped out of it, smiled and wiped her cheek.

"But I guess that's life right, you meet people that build you make you the person who you are. I may not have much, but she's thought me so much." Mom said.

"If you had to meet her again,would you?" Ross asked from the floor.

Mom stared t him for a while.

"I-i don't know, so much has changed. And I guess if i ever looked for her...she's probably not even in this state anymore, she probably has a family and enjoying life. she's always picture having lots of kids you know." She said.

"Mom." I called.

"Hm?" She hummed turning to me.

"Lauren,your best friend..." I said

she nodded at me.

"She's Ross' mother." I said softly.

I watched as my mother's head snapped to Ross.

He smiled up at her.

"We just found it, when he saw the picture with you both." I explained.

I watched as her eyes welled up.

"Lauren's son?" My mom croaked.

"I have three older sister's, they're triplets." He said.

My mom smiled as she stared at him.

"I could always carry you to meet her." He said.

 My mom smiled. "That would be amazing, but i think i should have my sleep now, so much has happened today."

Ross helped her up and she waved a little before going into bed.

"I should get home." He sighed.

I smiled.

He was sweet. Doing this for me today. I actually felt like i was important to someone and someone actually cared for me other than my mom.

He smiled down at me and my heart fluttered.

I watched him as he stared at intently.

His hand shot up and moved a lock of her behind my ear.

His finger tip touched my ear causing it to tingle.

"You intrigue me Laura." He said.

I swallowed the lumped that formed in my throat.

Butterflies erupted in my tummy.

I was lost for words.

"See you later." He said squeezing my shoulder then finding his way out.

Oh snap.

I think i'm crushing on Ross.

><><><><><><><><><

How was the chap?

You think things are moving too fast?

Well truth is Laura is a smart girl.And it's said that girls who tend to read whether it be novels ot not tend to be a bit faster than other girls.

So it's not like other girls who take a whole 25 chapters then to realize she's crushing on a guy. 

She may not felt the way before, but she's read enough books to know that she's experiencing what female fictional characters explained.

And I mean come on Ross is so crushable. He's the type of guy any girl would crush on, so i mean why not. Even I'm crushing on his  and I made up his personality.

And thanks for your continuous support on this book.

I joined the wattys and I honestly don't know what that even means..but..cool.