CHAPTER 3

CAMILIA CABELLO AS ADELAIDE MIDDLESTONE

The next morning i woke up it was time to go to school.

Hadn't had water coming through our pipes for almost a week, so the only water we had was the bottled waters i collected from work.

So when my class mates say that i stink.

believe them, i did.

Under my nails were filled with dirt and there were dirt spots all over me.

I tried using wipes but there's so much that they could do, my arms hadn't seen a deodorant in a while.

So could you blame my classmates?

You know it's so funny, because even i disgust my own self.

The clothes I  were are hand me downs from my mom and some that Butch's wife.

My today's clothes being one of Butch shirt was basically like a dress to me, i cut out the arms were a jacket over and my raggedy old abused black converse.

"Mom i'm leaving!" I shouted to her. which i didn't really have to the house was small enough.

"Okay, sweetie. be safe."She said from her bedroom.

I picked up my text book which i was reading late last night when i came in and headed out.

I was smart.

Meaning i wasn't born smart but because of my situation i was forced to become this way, i had vowed to myself that i was going to get an education and become successful. Help my mother and change our lives for the better.

When i walked into school the first person i bounced into was Adelaide Middlestone.

You how every high school has it's Popular girl?

Yep our's was Adelaide Middlestone.

A girl who overcome Bracers and glasses and nerditation and had puberty on her side

"Laura." She saod looking me up and down.

Adelaide was such a character that i didn't even know whether it was disgust or....something else.

She then turned her full body to me took my hands, looked at my nails the dropped it.

"Look sweetie, I have nothing against you,A girl's gotta do what a girl has got to do. but come on please, A shower wouldn't do you any harm." She said closing her eyes for emphasis.

When she did open them back. she looked me over one more time before saying "Follow me."

I hesitated for a while before following her.

Adelaide wasn't bad for a Queen Bee, just don't get in her way. She's not like the other's you've seen, she doesn't have a flock of minions behind her I heard kids saying because "Girls love to gossip and boys are way better company than girls."

She dragged me into the girls bathroom before saying "Okay Ladies OUT, this bathroom is being used, some has herpes!" She sassily before all the girls screamed and came out.

"Good, change and bath." she shooed me.

"What?" i asked dumbly

"Bathe. change your clothes hurry we don't have much long." She said 

"Turn around." I said softly and uncomfortably."

"Geez child, there's nothing you have that i don't, if you minus the filth. hurry and PLEASE for heaven sake clean your finger nails."She said annoyed and disgusted, before going locking the door.

With much hesitation i quickly changed and showered.

When i finished she walked up to me dug into her bag and handed my a t-shirt and jeans.

"Here, they're my old clothes that i walk with as my back up's back up clothes. Get dressed and get out." She said handing my me the clothes.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Trust me Laura, i could care less about you. But your stink, bugs the shit out of me, I can't focus in class and come on what are you trying to make a fashion statement? your close is gross and moldy." She said wrinkling her noise.

When I did she smiled a little.

"There a perfect fit." She smiled before she unlocked the door.

"Thanks." I smiled.

this was the nicest thing annoys ever done for me in school.

before we walked out she stopped me "Look Hun, Please. Take care you yourself, your filth makes grosses other out and makes them uncomfortable." She said before walking away her heels clicking loudly on the schools floor the halls empty since the bell had ringed.

><><><><><><><

When lunch time came around.

I ate lunch under a tree by myself.

When the bell rang again i endured more harassment.

I guess the clean clothe didn't change the fact that i was still a "slut"

They just troubled me more and asked me whose clothes i stolen.

Adelaide just watched and rolled her eyes at the annoying boy as she and ross sat together.

The two were apparently God-Siblings.

Ross didn't seem to by feeling well and had his head on the table while Adelaide ran her hand through his thick blonde hair.

Hmm, most be nice.

"Hey Laura, i heard you've got a few STDs." One of Bishops friend whispered at me,loud enough for kids to hear but bot the teacher.

"Boy would you shut up, you're just angry she wouldn't give you a BJ, not even if your life depended on it." Adelaide said defending me.

that shot him up and made the other kids laughed at him.

wow.

what was happening in life?

After class i found Adelaide and thanked her.

"Oh sweetie, i wasn't for you." She said rolling her eyes, hands on her waist.

"N-no?" I asked confused.

"Firstly, that damn boy was annoying and Second, i did it for Ross, he' really sick and asked if i could get the boys to lay off you for a bit, isn't he just sweet? that's my Ride or Die and i'd do anything for him." She said before walking away.