Chapter 46

don't be confused at the beginning just continue reading. you'll see

“ I'd never given much thought to how I would die. But dying in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go.” – Bella Swan [Twilight 2008]

This was it. My last few seconds in this world. 

I was going to do it. I couldn't believe it.

But of course it was for the greater good. Ross had so much to offer and now I was letting him give that to the world.

"we're going to inject with this. What it does is swiftly shut your organs down. And after that we'll be able to do the surgery and.....we'll save him Laura we promise. You won't die in vain."

Smiling softly as i lied on the hospital bed I stared at the white ceiling "Thanks Doc please give them the videos."

He smiled sadly. " l will." Before moving away he said " you're a brave soul Laura "

"He's the love of my life. He deserves the world. And I'm giving him it to him by giving him a second chance to live. i'm too messed up for this world."

He stared at me before moving away with tears in his eyes.

"Are you ready?" The nurse asked. 

I smiled "I was born for this."
as she slowly pushed the needled into my skin that would send me into eternal sleep she said "think of something you love. something that makes you happy."

happy?.......

Two hours earlier

Staring at him in that hospital bed broke me.

"Ross." I repeated. My hands rushing to cover my mouth.

He smiled weakly lifting his hand to take me before the smile slowly disappeared.

"i- i'm sorry. I, I never wanted you to see me like this. To go threw another lost. I had no other choice. I couldn't let you be in pain anymore baby. " he said . Tears streaming down his face.

I shook my head furiously "No baby. Dont- just, I'm here now. that's all that matters. Forget everything. I already know.I'm here now and l that's all that matters." I said taking his hand brushing my his cheek with the other. "you're so handsome baby. " I croaked with a smile.

He gave a weak grin before saying "i-I want cookies and cream."

I soft laugh escaped my lips at his adorableness. " that is your favorite isnt it. Its mine too. Remember when you swore you would convert me to it? Well its my favorite too " I said.

Smiling at the memory of ross and I when I went to his house for the first time

Flash Back

"my favorites cookies and cream. what's yours?" He ask.

I don't have a favorite ice cream. As a matter of fact the last time I probably had ice cream is when I was ten or eight "uh Chocolate."

He raised his head up to me and blinked.

what?

"chocolate's cool. But cookies and cream is better. Wayyyyyy better. I make it my lifes mission to convert you to cookies and cream." He grinned before handing me a bowl of my own before figging into his.

I hadn't even realised that Ross had taken my hand and brought it to his thin dried lips before whispering " I love you and I'm sorry."

My heart continued to break as I tried not to break down in front of him as I hiccupped back a sob I saw his eyes fluttered as he yawned. "You tired babe?" I asked.