Chapter 19

Please Play while Reading 

There's things about me that i'm not proud of.

Things that No person would want to commit to other than themselves.

I didn't know how long i was crying in Ross' arms for but i  knew that Adelaide had taken him away was speaking to him.

Ross' hand was running his over my hair, whispering sweet nothings to calm me down as i cried.

"It' okay Laura, you're okay now." He said his lips by my ear my shivers run down my spine.

I moved away looking him up in the eyes. My eyes were teary making everything blurry.

i shake my head "No, it's not okay Ross. I-I did things that i can never forgive myself for. And seems like these kids will never forget it." 

He had a sad expression on his face before he grabbed pulling me down the hallway.

It was lunch and kids were making their way to the cafeteria.

he pulled me out of the building and behind the school where there was a clear path with a few trees and benches,  originally designed for kids to come and study or had a chose to eat lunch outside.

It was empty and Ross pulled me up to a bench.

He sat right up under me leaving no space that not even a mosquito could space through.

We sat in silence for a few minutes as I battled with myself whether or not i should tell Ross the truth.

Sighing looked at the trees.

I had made up my mind.

"Two years ago, when we were sophomores, were the worst year of my life. but before that, my life never seemed to be the best. It was, once upon a time..." I said before turning to him.

"You don't remember me do you?" 

He frowned "What do you mean?"

I shake my head "We went to elementary school together Ross, we used to be friends." 

He stared at me dumbfounded "It's okay that you don't remember i don't blame you." 

"My mother has cancer as well ross. She has stage three colon cancer. she'd been sick since then, but she never told anyone but we just moved away. She had so much pride that she didn't want anyone to see her sick; so she packed our things and left."

My stomached turned as i got deeper into the story.

Ross didn't speak but he just listened quietly

We moved to Kansas. 

It was a nice place. Though i never did fit in a school. Seems like it was something wrong with me, i never did fit in anywhere huh?" I chuckled to myself.

"That's not true, you fit right here." Ross said pulling in into his side tightly wrapping his hand over my shoulder.

I smiled and blushed at his gesture then it slowly faded as i remembered the story i was telling.

"My mom worked at a hospital cleaning while she was sick, and she found ex  my step dad. his name was Hank. He was a cruel man, he would come home and bet me and my mother up when he had a stressful day at work. But we couldn't complain, he was paying my mother's medical bills and providing food for us to eat. he was a blessing and a curse."