Chapter 28

I smiled softly up at Ross on the hospital bed. I fought the tears as it broke my heart to see him like this.

"Hey." I smiled softly voice quivering .  I watched all the ivs hooked up to his arms and how fragile he looked before breaking down.

"Oh Laur, I'm okay." He said squeezing my hand.

I shook my head vision blurry. "N-no." I sobbed. My head dropping unto his hospital bed.

"C'ere. " He said pulling me by my hands up onto the bed. I weakly got up and slid unto the small space that he made for me of the bed for one.

I continued crying and all he did was held me wrap his hands around me. 

He didn't say anything but waited until i calmed down "You alright now?" He asked looking at me as i rest my head on his chest.

I sniffed before looking up at him His brown eyes staring right back at me. 

I didn't say anything but just savor his embrace as if he was going to disappear.

I took his hands in mine as gently caressed his skin away from the part that the iv was connected to.

The position in which i lay may have been very intimate and to on lookers we may have looked like a couple. And as much as I was sad and wanted to keep repeating to myself that this was nothing more than my concern for his health. deep down i knew that i was somehow picturing in the back of my head a healthy ross and us after  date just cuddling.

"Laura?" He called.

"Hmm." I hummed playing with his huge fingers.

"I have to tell you something." He said softly.

I raised my head off his chest ready to here what he had to say.

"I-" He began but got cut off by his family barging through the door of his hospital room.

"Ross-Oh." They all stopped short, almost tumbling over each other after looking at our appearance.

I instantly began blushing as I got off of the bed.

His sisters smirked  as they walked into the room fully. Carter and Mason had huge grins on their faces while my mother and his looked either between amused and ecstatic. Mr.Lynch had a poker face while, Oh god help. Courtney's face was mixture of  hurt, shock and confusion.

My eyes widen a bit at the realization as to how this may have looked to her.

"Ross." She muttered. What ever shock she had before had vanished and now she was the worried girlfriend sitting besides her boyfriends.

"Hey babe." He smiled before kissing her briefly and they began speaking to each other softly.

He didn't even look back at me.

I swallowed my hurt and smiled at my mom. Obviously ross didn't know how i feel about him and obviously he didn't feel the same. But then again i felt selfish and in the wrong. This boy was in a relationship and here I was literally throwing myself at him. 

"What was that?" Ally asked nudging me.

 "What was what?' I played dumb playing with my fingers.

"Don't play dumb with me. You know exactly what i'm talking about" She grinned.

I chuckled before moving away.

Later on the doctor came in and told us what was going on with Ross "I'm sorry to say this but, the cancer was back." 

I chorus of whimpers spread across the room as Ross  was back to sleeping in bed. Courtney by his side.

"I said it 'was', We managed to get the cancer out and now, Ross is officially cancer free." The doctor spread the good news and everyone held back their cheer in fear of waking up Ross.

"We're going to keep him in the hospital for observation for a week to see how it goes then.." I started zeroing out on what the doctor said.

Looking at Ross sleep tears came to my eyes. Yes he looked peaceful. But I wanted to see him moving around and laughing and playing again. Not in a stupid hospital bed with ivs up his arm.

When the doctor finished speaking he left us all alone.

"Laura, what the hell was that back there? I trusted you. How could you go behind my back and try to get all up close and persona with my man." Courtney flied up to my face as soon as the doctor left.

"Hey, Hey , hey stop that." Brooklyn said coming between us.

"No, she's right. I deserve that. I crossed my boundaries. I'm sorry Courtney it won't happen again."  I said moving away from brooklyn.

"Damn  straight, i'm sick of you little sl-" Mrs.Lynch cut her off. "That is enough young lady, know your place." 

"For what? for all i know you're happy that her and ross and 'BEST FRIENDS' you probably dreaming of them marrying so you and mrs.Marano can share the grand kids and gush over them. But here's what I COURTNEY EATON WILL marry the richest child in Harrington and have his kids. ME."

i KNEW YOU ALWAYS AFTER OUR MONEY!" brook said.

I turned to what was ross' once sleeping figure. Hurt and shock written on his face.

He wasn't sleeping anymore but the is time silently watched his girlfriend gave each of us a piece of her mind.

"So what! We all have to live." Courtney said "And you're going to ruin that for me Laura." She turned to me.

"Can you guys leave courtney and I alone." Ross quietly spoke starling everyone.

"R-ross" Courtney plastered an innocent smile on her face "I didn't know you were awake honey."

 He ignored her and turned to us.

We all silently felt Ross and Courtney in the hospital room alone.

Laura be with her.

______________________________________

This chap was terrible. The original got deleted by mistake and I had to work with what i could remember of the last and plus i'm hurrying because i wanna update before i leave. 

LOVE YOU GUYS