Chapter 36

So. Idk if u guys read chapter 35 'cuz my phone is giving problems.

Prom night was amazing. After wards Ross drove us to another city were we spent the night touring in the we hours of the morning and sleeper in a hotel when we got tired.

Afterwards everything just came quickly my exams came and passsed and like Ross said before we aced that shit.

We were both on our way to the principal's office.

"Well if it isn't my favorite duo." Our principal smile when we walked in.

"Good morning sir." Ross and I said simultaneously when we walked in.

He told us to take a seat and we did"you're both called here because, for the first time in the history of this school we have two person sharing the top spots."

Ross and I turned to each other. He grinned and took my hand squeezing it. 

He went on to be explain what would happen.

"Sine the both of you are valedictorian we'd expect a short speech. Not boring and lengthy and there'll be teachers available to help."

We continued speaking for a while till we were permitted to leave.

"I can't believe it babe!"Ross said excited as we left.

"I know right? Oh my god!"I laughed as we walked out the school doors.

"We totally need to celebrate, you and your mom. Our place tonight!" He grinned.

"Only if there's pizza." I geinnes up at him.

"You bet your pretty ass." He smirked.

-----------------------

Time flew and my  relationship with Ross grew stronger. Ross was sweet and caring and even though sometimes we argued within a few hours we resolved it.

Today was graduation. I was flipping my ship because I was nervous about my speech. Ross and I wrote ours together and I had to say it was short and sweet buy that didn't kill my nerves.

Their was over three hundred seniors graduating today then they'd bring their friends and family who would automatically double the crowd.

"Baby I'll be right next to you. You have nothing to freak out about." Ross assured me as we made our way to the school.

"I love you and all honey, but that doesn't mean there won't be a large ass crowd judging me. I maybe a valedictorian but they all still know what I did." I said playing with my fingers

"Baby, everyone judges. Were humans it's in our nature to judge. But I know you don't care what they think you're just scared you'll mess up and they'll laugh at you."

And he's right. Ross knew I never really cared what anybody else thought about me. He knew me so well now that it was hard to lie to him.

I didn't answer but looked put the window.

I missed my mom. She was riding with Ross' parents. Yes I'd since her a few minutes ago but right now all I wanted was for her to run her frail hands through my hair and to hear her soft voice say that she loves me.

She was my everything and though Ross was a new addition he knows even to himself that I'd put my mother over him any day. Don't get me wrong I love them both dearly entirely different but not equal. And just as how I felt I knew ross did too I knew he'd die for his mother the same way I would for mine.

When we got to the building Adelaide met us at the entrance her parents were nice and fancy.

"I hope the both of you didn't come with some long boring ass speech cause trust me, I won't hesitate to Haller at you." She said hugging us.

We laughed and joined the other graduating batch  of 2017 (me in a few days👅💪💃)

The ceremony was lovely a couple sang, and some one gave a special and award to Lucy Hamilton, a girl who got pregnant in freshman year but didn't drop out. Salute to her.

Ross and I 's speech was amazing and the crowd Cheered for us. I could distinctively hear Brooklyn's cheer cause she had a really loud mouth.

Ross helped me down the stage as we got back to our seat.

"We butchered that shit."

"Yes we did."

---------------------------------
After graduation we ended up at a restaurant for diner.
H
Mr.lynch got our attention by softly knocking a spoon to a champagne glass.

"I'd like to congratulate my son and his wonderful girlfriend Laura on their academic success. We'd like you to know that their was never a doubt in our minds that you too couldn't do it. We love you and congrats. This is only just the beginning of a long road ahead."

Mrs.lynch and Ross' sisters made a toast and congratulated us.

Then it was her turn. She slowly stood up with her small frame a weak smile on her face. "Ross...I remembered the first time I saw you. You came to pick up Laura and she didn't want you to come into our tiny home...but you had manners you came and you introduced yourself and you and I began speaking about life and it was strange because you were a stranger and we licked.you were very mature for your age and when you left I said to myself this young man is going to do great things . then you reunited your mom and I and wow it was liked everything fell into place. I want you to know I'm very fond of you. You're an amazing young man and for bonus you make NY daughter happy. With you she's the happiest I've ever seen her in a very long  time. I love you and congrats sweetheart." My mother said to him.

He smiled and said thank you and we toast to it. Then she turned to me.

Tears folded her eyes and Mrs Lynch grabbed her hand just like her son was doing mine.

"Laura, my baby girl." She smiled tears streaming down her face as she made me cry as well.

"I remembered when I found out I was having you. Gosh I was scared. It was me along and....god, I-i always knew abortion was never a option I refused to. Then when you were here I instantly fell in love with you. I tried ignoring you when I was pregnant. I-i cursed you and wished you dead...but I still could never give you up. Then, you grew up. You grew into a beautiful, wonderful, selfless young woman. And I stand here proud to call you my daughter laura because you are my everything. You've taken care of me when it should have been the other way around. I love you Laura. And always remember you can do anything you put your mind to."

We cried for a moment after till Mr. Lynch place a envelope each in front of Ross and i.

"They both came separately today."

Ross and I stared at it with eidw eyes.

Yale.

With nervous fingers we open it.

Ross turned to me "we'll read it together."

I nodded with shaky Hands i unfold the paper.

"Dear Laura Marano,
     It is with great pleasure for us to inform you that you application has be ACCEPTED TO YALE UNIVERSITY!" Ross and I was reading the same thing but hr had his nam I had mine. We were all screaming and I didn't even finish reading before I jumped on ross.

He grinned wrapping his arms around me tightly be he whispered in my ear.

"We made it baby, we made it."