Chapter 25

IK the pics not football gear, BUT WHO CARES!

DISNEY GIRLS ROUND 2

For the rest of the week before Ross' Last game, It was spent studying at the library and not seeing much of ross. He would text me when he got home from Practice.

My mother was doing way better now. Her treatments were agreeing with her and she was happy all the time. Her and Mrs.Lynch would go for walks and just to visit old friends that my mother was afraid to safe.

I had to resign from Butch's diner and my other works, He begged me to stay, but I was out of high school now, if I got into Yale which was far from where we live, there's no way i'd be able to work. They held a mini party for me and thanked me for my service through the thick and thin.

It was friday evening, and after school I came straight home to study.

"Laura, you're going to ross' game tonight right?" My mom asked from the kitchen "Yeah, are you?" I asked.

"Lauren asked me to come, I was thinking about it." She said.

I smiled, "Come on mom, You'll enjoy it, it'll be fun and you'll get to come out the house." I adjusted my reading glasses on my face.

"I'll think about it." She said before going in her room.

I went back to study but not a second later a tet from ross came through.

Hope you're ready to cheer 🙌🎉 your heart out tonight. - Ross

I smiled at his text.

Ofc, I thought you're with coach? - Laura

I am. But i've been hearing the ame speech for years now.Plus he's making me a bit nervous. -Ross

No worries, You got this. I'm trying to get my mom to make up her mind to come. - Laura

She shud totally come, she'd enjoy it. Gotta run wish me good luck -Ross

Goodluck. You got this🤘. - Laura

😁😁 - Ross

I laughed and slid my phone across the table.

When the time came My mom and I got dressed.

Maddie had texted and said that they were on their way.

"They're here!" Mom shouted. I placed my text book down and got up with a sigh. I was excited for this. I was spending my last few days of school Finally feeling Like I was normal. On Wednesday almost the entire football team came up to me and apologized for the way they treated me. Now that was something you'd totally read about in a fiction book but that was my life now. After they saw Bishop apologized to me, they decided that they needed to apologize as well.

That day, I spent it with a grin. Now yes of course they were still kids that troubled me and teased me, but now it was dumb. we were leaving high school and half of them i probably would never see for the rest of my life. I never cared in the beginning what they thought because I knew the reason for why i did those things and I won't care what they thought now.

I skipped out of the house to find four vehicles parked in front of our small yard. And yes, Of course my neighbors were looking through their windows.

Mr and Mrs. Lynch were in one, the couples in one each while Allison was seating in front with three girls in the passenger seat. My mom went with Ross' parents. I decided to leave the couples alone and go with Ally.

"Hello." I smiled at them.

"Hey Laur, These are my cousins Reign and Rockelle ," Ally said pointing the the two blondes "And that's their friend Pricilla." Ally introduce me to the three girls in her car. They all waved and greeted me.

We took off shortly after "So you're the Laura Ross can't shut up bout at family dinner last week." Reign laughed. She and her sister didn't resemble other than their blonde hair. Reigns face was more round and her eyes seemed to be more wide than her sister.

I laughed "All good things I hope."

"Oh of course, he kept saying how you're so cool and pretty and than he-" Her sister cut her off. "Okay Rockelle, now you see why no one tells you anything your talk too much sometimes. Now tell me what if ross didn't ant her to know all those stuff huh? What would have happened then? " Reign intervened and the two began bickering.

"Would you two quit it, I'm trying to drive here." Allison exclaimed from the drivers seat. I laughed as the two girls hushed.

"So what, are you and ross dating? He won't tell me? What happened to Courtney? Did they break up? Oh she was pretty but i never really liked her? Oh did he cheat on her?" Question after question came barreling out of Rockelle's mouth.

Wow this girl was a talker.

"Um, No ross and I aren't dating...he's just my really good-he's my best friend." I answer.

The tree girls blinked at me for a second.

"You're his best friend?" they asked.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Hm. What's his birthday?" Rockelle asked.

"December 29TH." I answered.

"His favorite Color?"

"Yellow."

"Hm, that's too easy, Is he a cat person or a dog person?"

"Dog person. He's allergic to Cat Fur." I answered.

I knew all of this from having night talks with ross. We decided that we should know more stuff about each other.

The rest of the ride consisted of the two sister interrogating me. Their friend Pricilla was quiet as a lamb and I later found out she was crushing on ross.

Aren't we all!

She was shy but she was pretty nice.

When we got to the venue the parking lot was filled with vehicles.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe this is his last game, They get big so fast!" Rockelle gushed before fake crying.

"Still no Courtney?" I asked Allison as we waited on the others.

"No. As far as I'm concerned, I'm sick of her. She doesn't care about ross the way a girlfriend should. She just- UGH- she just pisses me off!" Ally cried.

I chuckled a bit and our parents approached us "Maddie and the others are already inside, they went to get seat for us together." Mrs.Lynch said.

We all made our way in and took a seat.

"Do you see him? I don't see him?" His mother said unsteady in her seat as she looked around for her son.

"No, mom he'll be here soon." Brooklyn said to her mother.

Mr and Mrs. Lynch, you could see they were nervous. This was their first time attending there son's game, which happened to be his last. They were proud parents but also worry about his health.

I took her hand in mine and squeezed it "He'll be fine." I smiled at her.

She smiled back softly calming down "Thank you Laura that means a lot for me right now, I'm so nervous." She smiled.

Oh how Wrong was I.