chapter 27

In the space of a few Minutes we were at the at a private Hospital where Mrs.Lynch worked.

I had to take Brook's phone to call Courtney who didn't know something was wrong with her boyfriend.

They had rushed Ross into the emergency room and everyone was pacing. We were in reserved waiting room for our self which t me gave more nerves. No One spoke but the tear stains on their faces spoke it all.

I called Courtney's phone a few times but she didn't answer. When she finally did i could hardly here her "Brooklyn?" She shouted. The sound of loud music loud in the background.

"Uh it's Laura-"

"Oh uh Hi-can't hear you" She said.

I tried explaining to her what was happening but it didn't make sense because she wasn't hearing me.

"Look Um, I'll call you tomorrow, My batteries going to die and I can't-" And the line with dead.

"Shit." I murdered walking back.

Mrs.Lynch was pacing around the room muttering something under her breath. As much as she was a physician she seemed very professional. But things had taken a turn. She wasn't the one doing the work trying to save the patient. This time she was the anxious and stressed. mother of the patient.

I was trying to thing of another thing than that boy inside there. I hadn't realize up to now that Ross had become a very important part of my life. Socially and personally. He was like my anchor and I just didn't know if i could go back living my life the way i used to before he volunteered to be my partner.

He was always the one to speak positive things into my life and everynow and then he would send me encouraging quotes that would just lift my mood. He didn't even know what they meant to me. They weren't sympathetic messages of sadness and guilt but things that would make me smile and look forward to a new day.

I shakily pulled out my phone and into his inbox where I read the encouraging messages that he sent me.

It's not where you Begin, but where you finish - May 3rd 2017.

Lift your head up priness. If not, the crown falls. - May 5th 2017.

Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. - May 6th 2017

Take a chance. - May 12th 2017

Work hard , Dream big. - May 15th 2017

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor -  May 18th 2017

We are all a little broken, and that's okay. - May 19th 2017

Imperfection is beautiful. -  May 21st 2017

Grow through what you go through - May 22nd 2017

You have to fall before you can fly. -  May 24th 2017

Storms don't last forever - May 26th 2017

And then I stumbled unto my most favorite one 

Stars can't shine without darkness, Prove them wrong Babe. - May 31st 2017. 02:11AM.

Today's date.

He had accepted me for who I was and my past without judging me. He was my light.

I hadn't even realised that I was crying until my mother hugged me in my seat. "Oh honey. I'm sure he's going to be just fine." She rocked me.

I began crying in her arms "I can't l-lose him mom. I can't. He's like the o-only god things that's ever happened to me. My only friend." She shushed me and hugged me as I cried into her hands  til Mr.Lynch came to hug me.

"He's going to be fine Laura. He's a strong boy." Ross father smiled down at me. I wiped at my bury eyes.

I laughed shortly "he is strong isn't he?" I asked looking up at him.

Mr.Lynch smiled." Here." He said taking my hands and dropping something inside. "Hold unto this for him." He got up and went to his wife.

I blinked away my remaining tries. In my hands I held Ross' silver Anchor chain. And it made me cry even more. 

He really was my anchor.

><><><><><><><><><><><

I had cried myself to sleep on the hospital chair just to be waken up by my mother the next day.

I squinted my eyes as the brightness shined through the hospital windows.

"Mom?" I asked hoarsely till I realized where i was "Oh god. Is ross? okay What did the doctor say? Is he-" She cut me off.

"Calm down sweety. We all already we didn't want to wake you up. He had surgery so he'll be in the hospital for a few days. And for the other questions why don't you ask him. He was asking for you." She said brushing back my hair.

I looked around and Maddie and Ally sisters were hugging each other. They weren't crying anymore and Brooklyn was on the phone. 

"How long did I sleep?" I asked getting up.

"Thirteen hours." She smiled softly.

My eyes budged open widen "Thirteen hours!" 

She chuckled softly "Sweetie, all the stress had a toll on you. plus you've also been studying late you needed the sleep." 

I nodded and got up.

She followed me to Ross room.

The door was slightly opened  and I saw Mr and Mrs. Lynch talking to their son and the doctor.

The doctor spotted me and stopped talking. All eyes turned to me and i shifted on my feet as i began playing with my fingers.

They spoke shortly before the doctor and Mr. and Mrs.Lynch walked out.

"Had a good sleep laur?" Mr.Lynch asked smiling.

I nodded.

His wife squeezed my arm and said "Cheer him up a bit please."  Her eyes bloodshot as make up had messed up her face.

I nodded again before they walked away.

We bitting heart I took a few steps before walking into the quiet room. All that could be heard was the monitors.

I looked down at ross. He was sleeping with a bunch of ivs hooked up to him as my heart broke.

I looked at the monitors and his heart rate and everything. He was doing good. Nothing to be alarmed about.

I slowly took a sit next to his bed. Looking at him sleep was satisfying.

His chest rose and fell softly as his hands sat on the sheets. Slowly I lifted my hand to brush and calm down hi blonde locks as my other reached and took his hand in mine.

He stirred for a while a small mutter coming out his mouth before his eyes slowly opened causing my heart rate to increase. A small weak smile played on his face before he said.

"Hey you."