Thanksgiving

Ashton:
“Who would like to start?” Your mom asked the group of people around the table. Your boyfriend, Ashton, cleared his throat softly and shyly raised his hand. Your mother beamed, “Ashton, yes! Go ahead,” she smiled.
Ashton licked his lips, “well I’ve never actually done this before, at least not in the traditional sense, but, um, I’m thankful for this wonderful meal, and to be able to celebrate this day with all of you.. I’m thankful for everything that has happened to me in the past couple of years, and most importantly, I’m thankful for my beautiful girlfriend, (y/n),” he paused, looking at you. “Because without her, I would be nothing. She keeps me sane and happy, and I’m so glad to have her in my life. Thank you, (y/n). I love you.”
You wanted nothing more than to kiss him right then and there, but considering your audience of your entire family, you resisted and grabbed Ashton’s hand from under the table, squeezing it every now and then.

Luke:
You and Luke sat at the table together as Liz prepared dinner. You were talking and smiling, but you were actually pretty upset. You loved being in Australia with your boyfriend, but it was Thanksgiving back home, and you longed to be able to celebrate it with your family, especially since you had already missed the 4th of July and Halloween.
The doorbell rang, and you wondered if it were possible one of the other boys in Luke’s band, since you couldn’t think of anyone else who would be coming over.
“(Y/n), sweetie, could you get the door, please?” Liz called from the kitchen, her hands probably full with whatever she decided to make that was taking so long.
You scooted your chair out from the table and walked over to the door, unlocking and opening it swiftly. There stood your entire family, all smiling with luggage in hand.
“Oh my god,” you said in the brief moment before you buried yourself in each of their arms. “What are you guys doing here?” You asked, not complaining one bit.
“We just got in. Luke asked us to come for a few days. He was kind enough to help pay for the flight,” your mom responded.
You turned to Luke, who now stood behind you. You couldn’t think of any words to say, you were so happy, so you just hugged him as hard as you could, him chuckling. “Happy thanksgiving, babe.”

Calum:
“Could I get some more mashed potatoes?” Calum asked, grabbing the bowl from your hands when you passed it to him. He scooped a big spoonful onto his plate, “and some more gravy, please?” You laughed, passing him the gravy boat as well.
“Better slow down there. We’ve still got 2 more courses and dessert!” You said, taking note of your family staring at your boyfriend, some impressed and some concerned with how much he was eating.
“I’ve got plenty of room,” he responded, mouth full of turkey.
You pressed your lips together to suppress a laugh and handed him a napkin. He took it with two fingers and dabbed at his mouth politely, like a queen at tea.
“So, are we gonna say our thanks or something?”
You giggled and shoved a spoonful of peas in his mouth. “Happy thanksgiving, everyone,” you say.

Michael:
You and Michael stood at the airport, looking over the sea of people, trying to spot your family, who were supposed to pick you up at the airport at - you glanced at the clock - now.
You were starting to get anxioud, wondering if they had possibly forgot you were coming, considering you hadn’t really been around much in a while.
“Hey, (y/n), babe, it’s okay. They’ll be here soon, I promise.” He must have seen your worried expression. He always did. 
And he was right. Right as he said it, you spotted them through the large crowd, searching for you as you were them. You caught each others eyes at the same time.
You ran towards them, so excited to be seeing them after such a long time. Your parents wrapped their arms around you as soon as you were close enough. You looked over your shoulder and saw Michael making his way through the crowd, suddenly aware that your family had never met him before.
You looked up into your parents’ faces, smiling, “you’re going to love him, I promise.”
And so they did. Throughout dinner, he told jokes and stories and ate everything he was given, even the things you knew he didn’t like. He said his thanks like a pro, which was impressive considering this was his first real thanksgiving. You kept your eyes on him all day, smiling to yourself, accidentally saying aloud, “I’m thankful to have ypu, Michael.”

FOLLOW @DEHMURE ON INSTAGRAM FOR A DEDICATION :-)