4

As I quickly walked down the street, my blood began to boil as I thought of John. He had promised me, yet he couldn't keep good on his word.
When I knocked on the door, he opened it, and he looked very disheveled. I had obviously woken him from a deep slumber. His hair was a mess, and he had thrown on a T-shirt and pajama pants.
   "Blaire, damn it! I just fell asleep!" He groaned, and I felt my face turn red in anger. Seeing him only made me that much angrier. I slapped him forcefully, and he brought his hand up to his reddening cheek.
  "What the hell?!" He shouted, and I pushed past him and into his house. He looked at me with shock and uncertainty, as if I could explode at any moment.
  "You beat him? When I left? You put him in the hospital!" I shouted, and he opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't muster the words.
   "Jeremy?" He asked, and I nodded in anger, as if I could be talking about anyone else.
   "You promised me!" I yelled, and he winced a bit at my shouts.
   "How are you mad at me? After that what he did to you?" He asked, and I looked down, avoiding his gaze, "do you know how much it hurt me to find you like that? Weeping on he bed, bruised, hurt..." he trailed off searching for another word.
   "Damaged?" I finished and he looked up at him, and he looked at me, almost seeming appalled.
   "Never, Blaire. That is not how I meant it," he said, and I looked down, blinking, tears appearing in my eyes.
   "John, it's okay. I know that I'm damaged, that I'm tainted," I said, and he stepped forward, kissing me slowly, and then drawing away after a moment.
   "You aren't damaged, and I was just angry. I mean, you just left without saying anything. That really hurt. I just wanted him to feel the way that you did," John explained, and I nodded.
   "Blaire, I think we need to tell someone about what happened,"John said, and I shook my head.
   "No," I said sternly, and John fidgeted nervously.
  "If you don't, I will," he said, and my jaw clenched in anger.
   "It was consensual!" I shouted, and he looked at me in bewilderment, his eyes becoming wide at my outburst.
   "Blaire, don't say that," he muttered, and I shuddered.
   "I will go to my grave saying that I agreed, John. So it doesn't matter if you tell anyone," I said quietly, and he shook his head before I turned and ran home, anger and sadness pooling within me.
•••
Well there are about to be twists, my guy.