23

"You know you really don't have to come," I said, but John insisted.
   "I'm coming and that's the end of it. Let me do this. I want to," he said, and I sighed, knowing that I could never say no to him.
   "Alright, well let's go in then," I said, and breathed deeply. A feeling of nausea washed over me, but I breathed through it. I stepped out of the car reluctantly, and looked up at Taylor's house. It was breathtakingly beautiful, but I didn't have time to take it all in as John quickly walked to the front door.
   I knocked on the door nervously, and could hear footsteps on the other side. I closed my eyes as I heard the door open, and opened them to see Taylor's dad standing there.
  "Hello," he greeted flatly, and I bit my cheek.
  "Hi, is Taylor here?" I asked, and he nodded his head before opening the door to usher us inside. I walked inside and marveled at the beauty of the interior, and then me and john sat on the couch.
   Taylor and his father accompanied us, and Taylor didn't look a happy to see me, or John.
   "Well, we're here to tell you some news," I started in immediately, and both of them turned their attention towards me to continue.
  "I'm pregnant, and I'm afraid it's yours," I said, looking at Taylor. Taylor's eyes went wide, and he opened his mouth to speak, but his father beat him to it.
  "What do you want? Money? Oil?" He questioned, and I shook my head, eyes wide at the fact that I had offended him.
  "No sir, I just thought you would like to know," I spit out quickly, and he held his head in his hands, his obvious disappointment in his son showing on his face.
  "I'm prepared to give you 100000 pounds to make this all go away," His father offered, and I opened my mouth widely.
  "Sure. I'll just be out of your hair now then," I said, still shocked at the large amount of money that was offered.
  "Wait! What if I want the baby?" Taylor argued, and his dad turned towards him angrily.
  "No! Are you insane?! I told you never to be with her! Now look what happened!" His dad yelled, and I felt a kick in the gut.
  "Dad!"
  "No! She's trash and she never loved you, she only wanted to exploit you! And it worked," he said, and I felt like I was going to throw up or cry.
  "Let's go, Blaire," John urged, and I stood up slowly. Taylor's father gave John the check as we were walking out, and I held onto John's arm for support.
"Are you okay?" He asked as we were driving to his flat, and I looked over at him. He had his eyes focused on the road, and I seemed unable to speak. So he continued, "I want you to know that I'm here for you. And I know that I'm not the baby's real father, but I could be a great dad."
"You want to be the father?" I asked, my dry lips rubbing against each other as I spoke quietly.
"I would love to," he replied.
"Yes," I said, and he smiled.
"Really?" He asked, the excitement evident in his voice.
"Of course. I couldn't think of a more honorable man to father my child," I said surely, and he pulled over suddenly on the shoulder of the road.
"John? What are we stopped for?" I asked, and I turned to him. He had his head in his hands, and he was covering his eyes.
   "John?" I said again, and he lifted his face. Tears were sliding down his face, but a wide smile was also present. Just when I was about to open my mouth, he hugged me.
"John? What's wrong?" I asked, and he hid his face in my neck, wetting my neck with tears.
   "I'm just so happy," he said finally, and I smiled, stroking his hair lovingly.
"Oh, Johnny," I said, sighing.
"You don't believe what that guy said, right? You aren't trash, and you're amazing and I love you," he said, and I froze.
"You do?" I asked, and john looked up at me, wiping his stream of tears.
"I do," he said finally, and I smiled.
"I love you too."
•••
Ugh kinda short *^* I really wanted to fit a dream in here but I couldn't think of one....