53

The next few days passed easily, but I couldn't get what savanna said out of my mind. I couldn't look at John the same anymore.
   "Hey, Blaire, Gone With the Wind is on TV, do you want to watch it?" John called through my closed door, and I snapped back at him.
   "Shouldn't you go and watch it with Savanna?" I asked, and then he sighed.
   "Can I come in?" He asked, and when I didn't respond, he just opened the door anyways, sitting on the bed with me.
   "Blaire, are you okay?" He asked, and I scoffed.
   "Why do you ask?" I questioned, and he shrugged.
   "You just seem mad at me for some reason," he said, and I turned to look at him for the first time since he'd come in.
   "Did you tell Savanna that you would have left me long ago had it not been for the kids?" I asked, and he gave me a look of shock.
   "No, I would never. Why did you think that?" He asked, and I felt truly hurt. I knew she was cruel, but I didn't think was capable of anything this diabolical.
    "She told me that you said that," I told him, and a look of disappointment washed over his face.
   "I know that there's bad blood between you two, but I never thought you could make up something like that. She told me this would happen, and I honestly didn't believe her. I told her that I knew you better than that, but it's like you're a completely different person," he said, and my eyes went wide. He got up to leave, but I couldn't let him.
   "Wait, John. No, you don't understand, she's using you to get to me," I said, and he shook his head.
   "No, she isn't. We're engaged, Blaire," he said, and my jaw dropped.
   "Engaged? It's only been two months!" I said, and he looked at me sadly.
   "It happened last night. When you know, you just know," he said, "but you wouldn't understand that," he said, and tears rushed down my flushed cheeks.
   "No, I do understand! Because- because that's how it feels with you. It feels like we're going to be together forever, and one day we'll live in a house with a white picket fence and- and-" I stuttered, and he just shook his head.
   "Just stop, Blaire. I don't love you, and everyone was right. You are a slut," he said, and I slapped him. I struck him so hard that he stumbled backwards a bit, his cheek reddening with my hand print.
   "I have been through too much to be called a slut, and honestly, I expected more from you!" I yelled, and turned away.
   "I expected more from you, too. So I guess we both got let down," he said, and I turned back to him.
   "What are you talking about?" I asked.
   "I thought you were better than sleeping around and fucking my best friend when things were rough between us," he said, and I wiped the tears from my face.
   "Well I guess you thought wrong," I said, and he suddenly pulled me into a passionate, heated kiss.
   When he pulled away, I was speechless. We just stood there for a moment, longing for each other, but not being able to find the words.
   "Wow," I said finally.
   "I shouldn't have done that," he said, and the fact that he regretted it hurt me, "I'm with Savanna now, and I can't do this, I'm sorry," he said, and just walked out, leaving me speechless and heartbroken, yet again.
•••
Bruh is really engaged to her? I physically can not