26

"Blaire? Blaire!" I heard John, but I couldn't force my eyes open, couldn't wake up. I'm going to be stuck here forever.
   "Run." A voice said from right behind me, and I took off, bounding down the dimly lit hall. It was wooden, as if in a cabin, and the lights wouldn't stop flickering. I could hear it running right behind me, it's feet pounding the tile ground as it chased me. As I was running, the hall was stretching. Growing longer right before my eyes.
   Suddenly, the lights stopped flickering. I stopped, and so did the feet. I turned slowly, but nothing was there. That's when I heard it. Thats when I heard the deep breathing, and felt the breath hitting my neck, sending chills through my body.
   I turned again to face the hall, and at the end was a man. No, not a man, a monster. A minster stood at the end of the hall, breathing deeply. I brought my hand to my mouth, silencing my own breathing.
  He stared at me deeply, and then charged at me. He grinned mid-charge, and his teeth frightened me. They were huge, and sharp. A laugh rang out, but right before he reached me, I woke up.
   I was covered in sweat, and the sheets were strewn about. John was holding me, and I was breathing deeply, the laughter still producing my ears and haunting me.
  "Blaise?" He called out, unsure of wether or not I was okay.
  "Hello," I whispered, sweat drenching my body.
   "Are you okay?" He asked, and I brought my hand to my chest.
   "Yes, I'm okay now."
   "They're getting worse, aren't they? The dreams, I mean," he said, and I nodded.
    "My dreams are plagued with monsters and ghosts and I'm just scared," I said, getting hysterical at the end, crying and burying my face in his chest, wetting his shirt with my tears.
   "You're going to be okay."
   "Am I?"
   "I'll make sure you are."
•••
"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired- Robert Frost"'
•••
This one is short, but it's a bit of a transitioning paragraph. So, do you get the context of the dreams? They used to really represent stuff happening in her laugh, but now they are just spiraling out of control and losing meaning and getting more tortured. Make sense?&