7

"John?" I said in a hushed whisper into the night. It was quite dark, but the porch light illuminated the steps just a bit, and I could see John smiling at me from the bottom stair.
  "Hey, Blaire," he said, and I felt myself smile and look at the ground nervously. I could feel him looking at me, and I felt my cheeks redden. Luckily, he couldn't tell in the dark.
"Blaire, I have to talk to you. I'm sorry about making you upset, and I'm sorry about telling George. You just don't understand. I know that you felt it, and you went through it, but I saw it. And you just looked- that should jut never have to happen," he said, and I felt a tinge of guilt. It must've been horrible to find me like that, and he was just trying to help.
"It's okay, I just don't want to bring this all back up. George was so upset about it," I said, and he nodded, "he wanted to tell my parents but..." I trailed off, and John looked at me, paying attention to what I was saying.
"But they already knew," He finished, and I hugged myself, rubbing my hands up and down my arms quickly to warm up.
"Exactly," I said plainly, and I couldn't quite see his reaction in the dim light.
  "Is that why you left?" He asked, and I nodded, looking straight forward.
    "My dad thought that I was 'impure,' which I guess he's right, really. When my mom argues with him, he raised his hand to her," I said, retelling the event casually.
   "Bastard," John muttered, and he seemed to be angry. I rested my head on his shoulder, and just as I was falling asleep, he spoke, breaking the silence.
   "You aren't 'impure' by the way. You're perfect," he said, and I scoffed and shook my head.
   "No, I'm not," I argued, and he turned to me. He pushed my bangs out of my face, and leaned towards me. When I thought he was going to kiss me, he instead spoke.
  "Yes, you are. You are the prettiest, smartest, wittiest girl I know," he said, and I blushed.
   "Oh really?" I whispered, just inches away, and I leaned closer. I could feel his cool, minty breath on my face.
   "You're also the biggest pain in my ass," he added, and I had to laugh, pulling away from him. He chuckled slightly too, and the moment was lost.
  "Man, you're laugh is so much like her's," he remarked, and my face twisted in confusion.
  "Who's?" I asked, and he sighed, looking away.
  "Julia's," he responded, and I sighed, realizing that we both had our own ghosts.
  "Do you remember that time that we were out here, and you asked me to marry you?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood, and he turned back to me, both of us laughing.
  "Oh god, you were 11, and I was thirteen, I think?" He said, and I nodded, giggling madly, "and I remember that you were crying because you and your parents had gotten into a fight, and I hated to see you cry. Well you just looked so beautiful in the moonlight, and I just asked you. I got on one knee and popped the question," he laughed, and I nodded.
"You were so serious, but I just found it so funny, and I couldn't stop laughing, but when I finally did, I just said 'if I'm 40 and I'm not married, you can ask me again, and I'll say yes," I recalled, and he leaned in again, and I felt like he was going to kiss me.
"Well I guess you have 21 years then, huh?" He said, and I gulped nervously from our proximity. I nodded, and we looked into each other's eyes.
   "Could you imagine us married?" I asked, just to break the tension.
   He shrugged and half-smiled, "well why not?" He asked seriously, and I laughed.
   "Are you serious? That would be insane!" I remarked, and he nodded.
   "Maybe I like insane," he said, and we were only mere centimeters apart now. He closed his eyes, and I stood up. He opened his eyes.
   "Goodnight, Johnny," I said, and he muttered his farewells before I retreated inside and into my bed. I laid there, thinking of him.
  I thought of how cute he looked when he wakes up, all disheveled. I closed my eyes and imagined him playing guitar with his glasses on. He always looked so cute with his glasses.
  I fell asleep, and my dreams were sinister, chilling. People laughing, people screaming, people crying. But in the end, I always woke up.
•••
Okay, well slow ass chapter but it's whatever.

Girl (completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara