8

"Guess what, Blaire?!" George shouted excitedly, and I turned down my record player a bit to hear him.
  "What?" I asked, and he smiled widely.
  "Well, the band has taken off! Well, kinda..." he trailed off, and then faded back in, "we're going to Hamburg!" He shouted, and I felt happy for him.
   "Really? I'm so happy for you, Geo!" I said, and he nodded, looking like he was still in disbelief himself.
   "Yeah, we leave in two days," he gushed, and I nodded. I was pretending to be happy for him, but at the same time, I was going to miss the guys dearly. While George and I sat on my bed, I heard rocks pelt my window.
   I went to the window and opened it, seeing John looking up at me. I poked my head out, and I could see his cheeky grin from my window.
  "What do you want, Lennon?" I yelled, and George appeared next to me at the window, looking down at John.
   "Come with me!" John yelled, and George laughed.
   "Where to?" I inquired, and John smiled wider.
   "The drive in! Let's go!" John yelled, and I turned towards George who just shrugged and laughed.
   "If I didn't know any better, I would think you've taken a liking to that Lennon," Georg said, and I gasped, throwing on my coat.
   "Me? Never!" I insisted, and I bounded down the stairs and out of the front door.
   "John, hello," I said, my breathes short and irregular.
   "Hello, love. Are you ready?" He asked, and I nodded, getting into his car.
  "So, Hamburg...?" I said, and he nodded, keeping his eyes on the road all the while.
   "Yeah, it'll be pretty big for the band. Six weeks in Germany," he said, and I nodded.
   "What are we going to see?" I asked, trying to change the subject.
   "Well, it was going to be a surprise, but we're going to see gone with the wind," John said, and my jaw dropped.
   "What? How?" I gushed, being as it was an old American movie. I only fell in love with the movie because my aunt was American and she loves it.
   "I have connections. And it isn't a big deal. George just mentioned that you love the movie, and I've never seen it..." he trailed off, and Blaire mustered up the courage to kiss him on the cheek, and he swerved a bit from surprise.
  "Well thank you," I said, and giggled a bit at how red his face was.
  "It's no big deal," he said, and I sat back in my seat. When we got there, he parked the car and put his arm around me. Strangely, it didn't feel like he wanted anything else, like there was any ulterior motive.
Many times throughout the movie, I would catch him staring at me, but I wouldn't turn towards him. I kept my eyes on the screen the entire time.
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn," I muttered as Rhett said it, and I could see John smiling in the corner of my eye. I watched the last minute, and then the credits began to roll.
"That was so good!" I hushed, and he laughed, starting up the car and pulling out.
"It wasn't bad, I have to admit," he said, and I rested my hand on his arm that was holding the steering wheel.
"Wasn't it though? Oh my favorite part has to be when she says 'sir, you are no gentleman," I said, mocking her heavy southern accent.
"And you miss, are no lady," he said, quoting Rhett and also using a heavy accent.
I laughed hysterically, and he just smiled. He turned the wheel slightly, and then pulled into my driveway.
"So, are you going to be okay while we're gone?" He asked seriously, turning in his seat to look at me, and I tried my best not to smile.
"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow," I said in a strong, southern draw, and he flashed his toothy smile at me.
"I hate you," he said simply, shaking his head slightly, and I smiled again.
"That's your misfortune," I said, keeping my southern accent, and he rolled his eyes.
"I actually hate you!" He said, and we both laughed. Suddenly, he leaned in closely, and I closed my eyes, feeling his cool breath hit my face. I prepared to feel his lips on mine, but I instead felt them on my forehead. I grimaced, and pulled away awkwardly.
   "Goodnight, Blaire," he said quietly, and I stiffened, wanting so badly to kiss him.
   "Goodnight, John," I said, and I got out. When I walked in, George was sitting at the kitchen table, and I walked and sat with him.
   "So...?" George asked, and I smiled, thinking of how perfect the night had been.
   "It was amazing! We watched Gone with the Wind, and it was absolutely perfect!" I said, and he smiled.
   "You know, I think you like him..." George said, and I fake gasped.
   "George!" I said, and he shook his head, chuckling.
   "But even worse, I think he's taken a liking to you too..." George finished, and I blushed, turning away quickly.
   "Shut up!" I yelled, and I ran up the stairs, closing the door quietly, and giggling playfully. I fell into bed, exasperated with a feeling of love. It was just then, at that moment, looking back at me and John in the car, that I realized that I loved him.
•••
Shitty chapter? Idk, I watched gone with the wind earlier and decided to incorporate it. It's really good, if you haven't watched it, you totally should!