You're Perfect - Roman x Virgil

Roman subtly stared at Virgil every few minutes, he was worried, to say the least, about his emo nightmare because he was frowning more then usual. He knows Virgil isn't the happiest all the time but Roman could tell he was upset.

Over what? He had no idea, but he wanted to know.

"Virgil? What's the matter?"

Virgil flinched, turning to Roman quickly. He didn't actually notice Roman was in here, he thought he had been alone. "Uh...nothing?" He replied in an unbelievable tone.

"It must be something, you've been staring at that pillow for the past hour like you have been mourning over someone's death" Roman pointed at the pillow which Virgil had been absentmindedly staring at while he was thinking.

"I'm not mourning...it's just..." Virgil trailed off, sighing. Roman shuffled closer, concerned for the dark trait.

"Don't worry about it, okay?"

"Unfortunately it is to late for that, I can't leave you to be upset, it would benefit us both if you told me" Roman tried to persuade him, giving him a reassuring smile.

Virgil sighed again, averting his eyes.

"It's stupid"

"It's not stupid if you're upset"

"It doesn't matter"

"It matters to me"

Virgil didn't reply, instead he looked back at Roman to see sincerity in his eyes. He wasn't lying, he wanted to know why Virgil was upset so maybe he could help him.

"I want to defeat all the demons that may haunt you!" Roman declared, holding his arms up in the weird pose he does. Virgil rolled his eyes, hiding his smile in his jacket.

"Way to make it dramatic, Princey" Virgil muttered, Roman smirked and shuffled ever so closer.

"It's what I do best"

Virgil and Roman stared at each other for a few minutes, none of them saying a word until Virgil broke.

"Fine! I'm-it's....I just-....feel upset, okay?"

"Why do you feel upset?" Roman pressed.

"I-....you....you guys don't hate me, right?" He finally got out, his voice barely above a whisper but Roman heard him. Frowning Roman shook his head quickly, "hate you? How could anyone possibly hate you? Of course we don't hate you!"

"You can easily hate me" Virgil mumbled, "I'm...me...it's not hard, all I do is make things worse"

"Virgil, how long have you been thinking this? You make nothing worse! You make everything better!"

"I don't"

"You do"

"Do not"

"Do to"

"Do not"

"Do to"

"Do to"

"Do to"

"Dammit, it didn't work" Virgil grumbled, making Roman grin in triumph.

"I upset other people" Virgil said after a minute of silence.

"You could never upset other people unintentionally"

And that's how it went for a long time, Virgil said what he thought was wrong with him and Roman reassured him that what he was saying was far from the truth.

"I'm ugly"

"Now that is just rude" Roman replied, smiling.

"You know what I mean...." Virgil trailed, looking away.

"Virgil" Roman gained his attention and shuffled closer, holding one of his hands in his own.

"You're perfect"

Virgil blushed, "I'm not"

"Yes you are, everything about you is perfect! Your purple hair, your dark clothes, your personality, the way you affect Thomas in the best way possible, your snarky remarks, your sarcasm, your dark humour..." Roman paused, and smiled at him.

"You"

"W-what?"

"You - you are perfect"

Virgil hated to admit but he teared up at Romans words. Roman held his arms open and Virgil shuffled into them, wrapping his arms around his neck.

"Thank you" Virgil murmured, pulling back and wiping his eyes. Roman grinned

"It was my pleasure, as long as you are not upset anymore"

"How could I be? You are either the reason I'm upset or the reason I'm not"

"Well, I'm glad that this time I un-upsetted you"

"That doesn't even make any sense"

"You don't make any sense"

"It's what I do best"