All Alone 2 - No Ship

The sun had set and the moon had come out, it was hard for them to navigate through the trees without a flashlight. They do have lights but incase the people who Virgil was speaking about saw them they didn't use them.

"How long now?" Patton whispered, clutching Virgil tightly but not too tightly to hurt him, he was half asleep anyway with a water bottle tucked in between him and Pattons chest.

Logan took out his phone and check the map, "shit- I mean, sorry, but oh no" He stopped moving.

"What is it?" Roman whispered, keeping his eyes peeled. "We have been going the wrong way, if the map is correct...." Logan shut off his phone and ducked down, the others followed and hid behind a tree.

"What? Whe-"

"Shh!" Logan hissed, Roman did so and they all stayed silent. Soon enough they heard feet crunching against leaves and harsh, deep, old voices in the near distance.

"Where is that brat?" One snarled.

"He couldn't of escaped! That be impossible!"

"That would be" Logan whispered very quietly to himself.

"Well when we find him I'll make sure to give him a punishment he won't forget, he won't be able to walk for weeks" the owner of the voice laughed loudly like what he had just said was the funniest thing in the world.

The other guy he was with laughed as well and carried on their search, walking further away from them.

"That...that...sick..." Roman stopped himself from swearing as there was a child and turned around to face his friends, it was becoming pitch black and soon they wouldn't be able to move without tripping over everything.

"What can we do? If we are back here it is another four hours, I can't walk for another minute" Thomas said, completely out of energy like the rest of them.

"They must have a van, or a car or something" Logan whispered, everyone glanced at each other.

"I'm not going" everyone said at the same time.

"Okay, Patton cannot go because he has the boy, I volunteer to go but I will not go alone" Logan said in a hushed voice, standing up.

"I volunteer as tribute also" Roman whispered, standing up Logan sent him a glare, "this is serious" Roman held his hands up in defence. "Sorry"

Thomas and Patton hid in a large bush, Virgil was out like a light and wouldn't be waking up any time soon.

"Be safe, please don't die" Patton worried.

"Thanks, Pat" Roman chuckled quietly, full of nervousness. Logan and Roman slowly and quietly made their way towards the lit up camp sight just next to the cabin, they hid behind a tree and looked at the many tents and old men who walked around.

"Perverts" Roman muttered harshly.

Logan ignored him and looked at the vans which were parked a bit away from the camp site. Grabbing Romans arm they jogged through the trees, not getting spotted by anyone.

"Great job, Einstein, what now?" Roman whispered, looking at the van.

"And how will we get Thomas and Patton? And the boy?" Roman asked. Honestly they both didn't think of that when they first left.

"There's only one thing we can do" Logan whispered and told him the plan.

They spent the next few minutes making holes in the vans tires apart from one. Once that was finished Roman smashed the window, it was so far away no one heard and he opened the door.

Logan hot wired the van and they got in.

"I'll sit in the back" Roman said and climbed over the chairs, plonking down in the seats behind. Logan breathed in deeply, adrenaline pumping through his body. This could either end really bad or with them getting away.

Putting his foot down on the pedal he speeded over across the camp sight to where Thomas and Patton were hiding, obviously people in the camp noticed.

"GET IN!" Logan screamed, Thomas and Patton rushed in and Logan skid the van around, speeding past the men who were running over and down the bumpy, dirt road, he made sure to go full speed the entire way.

"You -we have stolen a van" Patton whispered, "what else were we going to do? Ask to borrow it?" Roman fired back, not meaning to sound annoyed but after this experience not only was he scared he was furious at those men.

He would've killed them but he doesn't feel like going to jail.

Virgil slowly woke up and looked around, his eyes widened once he realised he was in a van.

"N-no...no!" He whispered, sitting up.

"Hey, shhh, shh" Patton cradled the scared child close, "we're getting away from those people" He soothed, Virgil clutched to him like Patton was his lifeline, crying all over again.

Roman dug around in the bags he still had and pulled out a sandwich, handing it to Patton.

"Are you hungry?"

Virgil sniffled and nodded, Patton held the food to his mouth and he took a small bite, chewing it slowly and cringing when it went down his throat.

"Does it hurt?" Patton softly asked, Virgil nodded but ate more.

"Roman, didn't we bring honey?" Thomas asked, going through his bag.

"Aha!" He pulled it out and grabbed a spoon, pouring some of the sticky treat onto it he gave the spoon to Patton, seeing as Patton is the only one here the boy trusts.

"H-honey?" Virgil whispered, looking at the golden liquid.

"Yeah! Do you like it?" Virgil nodded and opened his mouth, Patton smiled and put the spoon in it, his lips closed around the spoon and his eyes closed in content, the honey went down his sore throat without pain.

"More!" Virgil whispered, Patton smiled softly and gave him a few more spoonfuls before setting it aside and letting him finish the sandwich with thankfully less pain.

"I can see lights behind us, they're gaining" Thomas commented, Virgil was paying no attention so he didn't become frightened, he stayed tightly secured in Pattons warm arms finally feeling safe after a long time of being trapped in that stupid cabin.

"Look!" Roman pointed at the road where the woods ended, Logan stopped the van and they all hopped out, getting into the car. Thomas put the keys in the ignition and drove as fast as he could away from the woods, keeping his lights off for a few miles.

Patton sat in the back and grabbed a warm blanket, wrapping it around Virgil like he was a baby.

"What's your name?" Patton quietly asked, Virgil sniffled and rested his head against Pattons chest, feeling tired again.

"Virgil" he whispered.

"Aww, that's so cute" Patton smiled. "Mm not cute" Virgil mumbled tiredly, his eyes shutting. Patton only smiled wider and let him fall asleep.

"What will we do now?" Logan asked turning to Thomas. Thomas turned on his lights and sighed, leaning on his seat.

"Bring him to the police? I guess...what else could we do?" Pattons heart dropped at Thomas's words, he has grown attached to the boy in his arms, and he doesn't want him to go.

"We can take care of him! We don't have to go to the police" Patton said desperately.

"I...I am sorry, Patton" Logan frowned, "we have to take him to the police, what about his parents?" Patton frowned at his words but he was right, he probably has a family who is distraught that their son had been kidnapped for however long he has been trapped there.

Patton leaned back on his seat and sighed, hugging Virgil tightly. He doesn't want him to go...he wants to keep him...as a son.

--

:P