All Alone - No Ship

Trigger warning: bad parents, kidnapping, drugs, alcohol

I declare this OneShot to be an..... 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 AU all about.... 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 Virgil!

--

Before Virgil was born his parents lived in a horrible environment, but they didn't care. They smoked, drank alcohol, did drugs, everything. His Mum didn't care she was pregnant with twins, she wanted them to suffer if anything.

The day the twins were born one of them died, leaving Virgil to be an only child. His Mum hated that he was crying and told the nurses she didn't want to hold him, his Dad wasn't even there, once he found out she wasn't having an abortion he left, leaving nothing behind.

Virgil and his Mum lived in a run down, disgusting house. Strangers walked in with his Mum everyday and left later that night, Virgil didn't know who they were. He learned to survive for himself, because his Mum rarely fed him.

Once he was old enough to go to school his Mum sent him away as soon as possible, the less time spent with her son the better. Virgil thought being away from his Mum would be a good thing but school was just as terrible, the teachers didn't care much, kids would bully him, he also had no friends.

That's how his life went but it didn't last, and that doesn't mean that's a good thing. He turned six, a year after he first went to kindergarten, walking home one day a man grabbed him, put him to sleep and threw him into the back of his van.

His Mum didn't care, she died a few days later from an accidental overdose.

Months passed of Virgil not knowing where the hell he was, but he knew the people were terrible, scary, and preferred him when he wasn't wearing clothes.

He was traumatised, but thankfully he was only raped once, other times he was just forced to be there when they did their...thing.

Virgil forgot what it felt like to not be scared, he was starving, dehydrated, and near death, dried blood covered his body and bruises from beatings hadn't gone down.

Even at such a young age he wanted nothing more then death.

--

"Why are we going so far in? There have been so many beautiful places!" Roman exclaimed, pointing at a perfect space for them to set up their camping stuff.

"Roman, how many times do I have to explain?" Thomas sighed, "We are going in as far as we possibly can!"

"I must agree with Roman, Thomas. We have been walking for hours and although I do like walking this is a bit too much" Logan said, his legs hurting.

"You guys..." Thomas sighed and shook his head, "look! Let's just stay there!" Patton pointed to an opening through the trees. They agreed and walked over, "is that a cabin?" Roman asked once they put their stuff down.

All of them looked in the same direction, "yes, by the looks of it it has been abandoned for quite some time" Logan commented.

"C'mon! Let's check it out!" Before the others could protest Patton ran over.

"Patton! Did you not heed my warning about potential murders?" Logan called, but he didn't reply. Worried, the others jogged over to see him trying to get in.

"I hear something" he said when they walked closer.

Straining their hearing they all heard soft whimpering and sniffling noises. "It could be a trapped animal" Logan commented, Roman helped Patton in busting open the door.