Fifth Grade - Virgil x Patton

Trigger warning: child abuse

"Virgil? What's that?" Roman asked his friend, Virgil froze and pulled down his sleeve hastily. "N-nothing" he stuttered, taking a few steps away.

Roman crossed his arms, raising his eyebrow at his friend. "Virgil" he said more sternly, "you can tell me anything, if someone is hurting you-"

"No, Roman! It's nothin', really" Virgil cut him off, looking away. Their two other friends - Logan and Patton - walked over to them, smiling.

"Roman! Logan doesn't believe in Santa!" Patton exclaimed, tugging his arm.

Logan shook his head, adjusting his glasses. "Because he is not real, Patton"

"He's real in my heart!"

This went on for a few days, Roman would spot bruises or marks on Virgils exposed body, Virgil would deny it and cover it up. Eventually Roman had enough and told Logan who then told Patton. They all agreed to sit Virgil down and talk to him about it.

"Virgil!" Roman smiled as Virgil walked into the school one morning, Virgil gave him a one motion wave and headed over.

"Sup, Princey" Virgil said using his nickname Virgil made him awhile ago. He acted like a Prince in one play and Virgil still hasn't let the nickname go.

"Nerd and Patton are sitting on the bench, come on" Virgil followed Roman to the others, checking his body to make sure his clothes were covering all of it.

He sat next to Patton, Logan and Roman opposite. "Virgil" Logan started, fixing his tie. "We need to speak to you about something" Virgil became anxious and Patton wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

"Nothing bad! Don't be nervous, okay?" Virgil gave him a small smile and nodded.

"We want to know why you have marks on your body" Logan said, "and why you insist on hiding them" Roman added.

Virgil froze and tried to get away but Patton held him close, "guys I-"

"No excuses" Logan cut him off, giving him a stern look. Virgil looked terrified and he choked on his words, unconsciously gripping Pattons free hand.

"I -I can't" he whispered, closing his eyes.

"Yes you can" Patton encouraged him, the other two watching him with concern and worry.

"She-" he sniffled "she'll kill me" he managed, clutching onto Patton like he was a lifeline.

"We won't let anyone hurt you, Virgil, okay?" Patton soothed him, rubbing his back.

"Who said they would kill you, Virgil?" Logan inquired.

Virgil began to sob, "my- my Mum" he coughed. Romans eyes darkened and he stood up, fuming.

"I knew it! I knew something was up with her, that bitch" he snarled, tugging his perfect hair into a mess. "Now now, Roman. Swearing won't get us anywhere" Patton scolded, still holding Virgil. They all felt mad towards Virgils Mum, they all knew she wasn't the best but they didn't know she would hit her own son.

They eventually pursued Virgil to tell a teacher and they got on it instantly, telling the principle and getting the police involved. Proof was found as on some of his Mums belts had dried blood, a quick test they deduced it was in fact Virgils blood.

There was other proof in the house and when the police took his Mum outside Virgil couldn't meet her eye and when she tried to speak with him he flinched and hid behind Patton.

They did the trial and she was found guilty, Virgil and his friends were more then happy and now Virgil could finally live with his Dad.

"I'm so happy for you, Verge!" Patton exclaimed, picking him up in a hug. Virgil yelped but hugged back, smiling. After they celebrated Logan and Roman left for home, Patton lived further away so he had to wait for his parents.

"Thanks, Pat" Virgil said to him, sitting beside the bubbly boy on the steps that led to the front door.

"You're welcome, Verge!" Patton grinned, hugging him tightly. Virgil hugged back with a small smile, loving the feeling of being in Pattons arms. They pulled back and Patton rested his head on Virgils shoulder, both of them staring at the street.

Slowly, Patton tilted his head back, still keeping it on his shoulder so he could stare at his face. Virgil looked down at him with a smile, Patton lifted his head up and the two leaned in until the front door opened and Virgils Dad appeared.

"Your parents should be here...oh...oh no...I've turned into a cock block" his Dad quickly dashed inside and Virgil sighed, blushing deeply.

Patton giggled and saw his parents car pull up, they stood and hugged each other.

"Another time?" Patton whispered. Virgil chuckled.

"Another time"

Patton waved and left, Virgil watching until the car was out of sight. His Dad slowly opened the door and peeked his head around it.

"You don't hate me now, do you?" He chuckled. Virgil gave him a fake glare and they hugged.

"No...I love you too much to do that"

"I love you too, Virgil. I'm glad to have you back"

--

Yeah

Idk either

Thanks for the request!