Different - Roman x Patton

"A tursiops truncatus is smarter then you" Logan said to Virgil. They were both sitting at the table, lazily eating breakfast with Patton doing the washing up happily.

"A what?" Virgil replied, his voice slightly deeper and rougher as he had just woken up.

"Point proven" Virgil was about to fire back when Roman sauntered in, looking as perfect as he usually does.

"Ugh, now I have to deal with you and the royal pain" Virgil muttered. Logan narrowed his eyes at him but didn't reply. Roman glanced at Virgil, opening his mouth to insult him when Patton cut him off.

"Hi Ro!" He smiled, standing in front of him. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me today? Kinda like a date!" He asked.

Roman stared at him, face screwed up. "No, why would I waste my day with you?" He retorted.

Pattons heart fell at Romans words, he'd never heard Roman say something like that to him or anyone else, could he be grumpy? Or is Patton being too clingy?

Virgil nearly choked on his food and whipped his head around to face the fanciful side, watching him push back Patton rather harshly to get some food.

"Princey! What the hell?" He called him out, glaring at him. How could he hurt Pattons feelings like that? It's not like him at all! Roman would usually throw his plans out of the window to spend the day with his boyfriend.

"What? You moronic nightmare" Roman spat back, slamming the fridge door shut and glaring right back at him.

"Why are you acting like this?" Virgil questioned, standing up and taking a step close towards him. Roman stood in front of him and glared directly into his eyes.

"Like what?" He growled, his eyes narrowing.

Virgil actually felt scared and he backed into the table, Roman taking a step closer each time he took a step back. Logan watched the scene, very confused, which is surprising for him. Most of the time he knew exactly what was happening but he had no clue as to why Roman was acting like this.

"Roman...calm down" Patton walked up to him slowly, softly putting a hand on his arm. Roman pulled his arm back, hitting Pattons hand away and glaring at him instead. Virgil worked up the courage and pushed Roman back, he stumbled but gained his balance.

"Don't you dare hit Dad" Virgil snarled, standing in front of him protectively.

Logan quickly got up and stood in front of Roman, blocking him from attacking Virgil. "Roman, I strongly advise you not to do something you will regret" he warned.

Roman glared at him but backed down, going back into the fridge. Patton was confused and upset and hurt from the way Roman was acting, why is he so angry? And annoyed?

"Roman...did anything happen...to you?" Patton meekly asked, standing beside Virgil.

"Nothing happened, moron" Roman snapped back, Logan and Virgil gasped. No one ever throws insulting words at Patton, mostly because why would you? And he can become emotional.

"Oh...s-sorry" he sniffled, taking a few steps back. Virgil went to comfort him while Logan marched straight up to Roman, glaring and pulling the creative side around to face him.

"You went to far, Roman. I do not care how angry you might be, you do not insult Patton" Logan watched as Romans eyes darkened and he instantly knew what was wrong and he walked backwards towards Virgil and Patton.

"He has spent to much time in the fears room" He stated, looking at the sides. The fears room is a room in the mind full of Thomas's fears and if one of the sides spend to much time in that room it could corrupt them.

Only problem, they don't know how to uncorrupt him.

"Wh-what could we do?" Patton quietly asked, rubbing his eye to dry it from a few tears.

Logan looked at Roman over his shoulder and sighed sorrowfully, "I am sorry Patton..I do not know"

"Why not try and do things he loves? Like watch Disney or whatever, I'm pretty sure that'd do it" Logan nodded his head, agreeing with Virgil.

"Hey grumpy ass?" Virgil yelled to Roman, he turned around and glared at them all, Patton shrunk away from his gaze.

"We're all watching Disney" Virgil told him, Roman didn't reply his eyes only narrowed more.

"I care because?"

"You are the Disney fanatic" Logan replied, "You love the make believe, unrealistic scenarios and singing characters the most out of all of us"

Roman sneered at him but begrudgingly followed the others to the living room, sitting the furthest away. Patton watched him in dismay, wanting his Roman back.

Virgil played a favourite of Romans but as the movie went on they all noticed Roman not joining in on the singing and his bored sighs every now and again. Logan and Virgil realised that this wasn't working so they tried something else.

They tried colouring, something Roman likes to do in his spare time but Roman only broke the colours - on purpose and didn't even colour in anything! Next they tried letting him fight bad guys in the imagination room but all Roman did was defeat them with a bored expression.

Hours went by of the sides trying everything they possibly could to change him back but in the end nothing did.

They all returned to the living room. "That was all pointless" Roman grumbled, pushing some of his hair back which fell over his eyes which were still black-y brown. Patton didn't want to lose Roman, he loved him.

"Roman?" Patton walked up behind him, Roman groaned and turned around to face him.

"What is it now?"

"I love you, I will always love you, even if you're acting like...this. I can try and help you, we can adapt to how you want us to act around you, I just want the best for you...because I truly love you, Roman" Patton cried halfway through his small speech, casting his eyes down.

He didn't expect Roman to tilt his head back up and kiss him gently.

"Patton" he whispered, his eyes going back to their normal bright colour.

"Patton" he said louder and picked him up, tightly holding him in his arms. "I love you too!" He cried and Patton hugged back, Logan and Virgil watched with small smiles, happy to have Roman back.

"I'm so so so sorry, I couldn't control myself- I don't know what happened, you are not a moron and I love you so much, please forgive me?" Patton nodded quickly and they kissed again, crying tears of joy.

"Glad to have you back, sir sing a lot" Virgil commented then paused, looking away for a few seconds.

"Or am I" he mumbled.

"Yes, you are" Logan nudged him and Virgil hissed back.

"Don't go into the fears room again, please?" Patton mumbled to Roman.

"I promise, my love"

--

HIIII IM BACK FINALLY

UGH

I wasted a full day with my family doing SHIT ALL

Anyway hope you liked it! And thank you for the request!

If any1 has any requests imma open!