Beast - Virgil x Patton

Virgil had been sleeping for a few hours, his room was slightly chilly from the open window but that's how he preferred it. During his sleep he felt a slight tap on his shoulder, and another, and another. It wasn't strong enough to be a finger yet it was still there.

He stirred and felt the tapping more prominently now that he was awake. His eyes flew open and he scrambled away from his bed, stumbling to the light and flicking it on. No one was standing over his bed like he had originally thought.

All he could see was a

Gigantic. Moth.

He had to slap a hand over his mouth to stop himself from screaming, realising that that thing was tapping his shoulder! He flew open his bedroom door and dashed out, heading straight for Pattons room.

He didn't knock he just went straight in, slamming the door shut behind him. Patton jumped at the sudden noise and nearly screamed when he saw the dark figure but Virgil flicked on the light.

"Virgil?" Patton squinted, yawning and sitting up. Virgil shakily walked to Patton and sat next to him, bringing his legs onto the bed.

"C-can I stay with you?" He stammered, cuddling closer to him. Patton smiled and kissed his forehead, "of course you can!" He decided not to ask why he was so scared and got up to turn off the light before cuddling in bed with Virgil.

The next morning Virgil didn't dare enter his room to change so he went to the kitchen with Morality in his pyjamas.

Prince was already in there and instantly became confused, why was Anxiety in his pyjamas? And not wearing makeup?

"Anxiety I usually...don't care about little things like this but I must ask, what is...this" Roman waved his hands towards Virgil, Virgil sent him a glare and Patton giggled.

"What? Can't a guy where pyjamas?"

"Well yes but you have no make up, and it is freaking me out" Virgil scoffed and rested his head in his arms.

"Theres a beast in my room" Virgil muttered just as Logan entered.

"A beast? I highly doubt that" Logan stated, sitting down at the table. Virgil mimicked his words quietly and Logan rose his eyebrow, shaking his head and looking at Roman and Patton.

"A beast that I can defeat? Because a prince has got to slay!" Roman smirked, his sword appearing in his hands.

"I am sure it is a spider or a large flying bug, Virgil does keep his window open at night" Logan pipped up before Roman could get any ideas.

"you say tomato, I say tomahto" Roman dashed from the room and headed to Virgils while holding his sword in the air.

"No, I say solanum lycopersicum" Logan mumbled, Patton smiled and hugged Virgil from behind.

"I'm sure it's nothing, Roman won't let anything harm us!" Patton reassuringly stated, kissing Virgils cheek.

"Yeah what-"

"DEAR NEPTUNE!" They all heard Prince screech and not a few seconds later he reappeared.

"That thing attacked me!"

"I told you it was a beast!" Virgil retorted lifting his head. Logan sighed and decided he wanted to see what all the fuss was about so he got up and headed to Virgils room, the rest followed behind.

"Be careful, Lo" Patton called, stopping a few feet away from the door, Virgil and Prince did the same.

Logan sighed and opened the door, he looked around until he saw the ginormous moth on the wall. "It is just a silly moth" Logan told the others, grabbing a chair and standing on it.

He reached forward and caught the moth in his hands, leaning out of the window and letting it fly away.

"You, Logan, are a hero!" Roman declared, bowing down to Logan who stared at him with a blank expression.

Patton turned to face Virgil and kissed his nose, smiling happily. "It's safe to return to your room now!"

Virgil looked away, smiling slightly. "Actually I...I liked staying with you" Patton blushed and hugged Virgil tightly.

"You can stay with me whenever you wish" Patton whispered. Virgil thanked him and broke apart, walking to his room.

"Now everyone go away! I have makeup to put on" Virgil shouted, slamming his door shut.

"He will never change" Logan shook his head and walked down the hallway, a bubbly Patton and astonished Prince following behind.