Monsters - Roman x Virgil

Trigger warning: panic attacks, literal monsters

--

Virgil was sitting on his bed in his quiet room, the only noises to be heard was his ragged breathing and quiet sobs. He was having a panic attack, this one being the worst he has had in awhile. The monsters in his head were particularly harder to control today.

"L-leave me alone!" He cried, tugging his hair and rocking back and forth. It didn't take long for him to pass out, the monsters that were usually trapped inside his mind escaped, crawling around his room, all of them laughing maniacally.

One opened his bedroom door and they all crawled out and down the hallway towards the other sides who were peacefully lounging around.

"Should I check up on Virgil?" Patton asked, breaking the silence. "I'm sure that ball of fear is fine" Roman replied nonchalantly, posing for a selfie.

"Are you sure~?" A creepy voice sounded behind him, he jumped up and his sword appeared in his hands, his eyes widening when he saw what was behind him.

"What...are you?" he whispered, taking a few steps back. Patton and Logan whipped their heads and gasped, standing up and hiding behind Roman, the other creatures crawling on the walls, surrounding the sides.

"Your worst nightmare~" the creature replied, his ripped mouth pulling back into an impossibly wide grin. He lunged towards them, Romans sword plunged inside of his chest. The creature didn't even flinch, he just grinned sinisterly at Roman, creeping him and the other two out.

"What is that, Logan!?" Patton whispered/yelled, visibly shaking. "I do not know, Patton" Logan replied, just as scared. The other creatures began to attack Logan and Patton, a giant spider pulling a screaming Patton away while a unknown creature with the scariest face you will ever see dragged Logan away.

Roman pushed the thing that talked away, using his sword to defend himself from the other creatures that tried to get to him.

"ROMAN! LOGAN HELP ME!" Patton screamed, crying while he tried to push the spider that was five timers bigger then him away.

"I CAN'T, PATTON!" Roman shouted back, Logan was having just as much trouble with the creepy faced creature, it wrapped his tail around his entire body tightly, making it near impossible for him to breath.

"AHHH HELP!" Patton screamed louder then he ever had before, the spider wrapping its web around him and taking out its giant fangs, ready to impale him and suck his blood.

Virgil woke up slowly, groaning. He instantly knew someone was up when he didn't have any bad thoughts from the creatures in his mind.

"HELP!" He heard Patton scream. Jumping to action he sprinted down the hallway and stopped in the doorway, gasping at the mess the creatures from his mind were making. He looked at Roman who was trying his best to defend himself, them to Logan who's face was turning red from lack of air.

His eyes landed on Patton who was crying, writhing, screaming his lungs out as the giant spider above him laughed. Virgil set to work and forced all of the creatures back into his mind, they screamed and shouted as he did but he managed to get all of them away.

Logan collapsed onto the floor in a coughing fit, Roman dropped out of energy and Patton was still screaming. Virgil rushed to Patton and pulled the strong cobwebs away, pulling the terrified side into his arms.

"NO GET AWAY! GET AWAY FROM ME! PLEASE!" He screamed, fighting against Virgil.

"Dad! Dad! It's me, Virgil" Virgil soothed him, he stopped his movements to look at Virgil and he cried harder, clutching onto the dark side tightly. Virgil held him in his arms, whispering how sorry he was.

Roman eventually stood up, scanning around the room. Once realising it was safe he helped Logan up and they rushed to Patton who was still crying loudly.

"Where did they come from?" Logan asked once Patton had settled down a bit, his crying turning into quiet sobs but he didn't let go of Virgil.

"My mind" Virgil mumbled apologetically. "I'm so sorry, when I passed out they must've escaped"

"Those terrible creatures live in your mind?" Roman asked in astonishment, Virgil nodded and rubbed Pattons back, he said how sorry he was again, telling them it would never happen again.

"Don't be sorry, Virgil! Why haven't you told us about those demon things before?" Roman asked, worried and concerned for Virgil. Does he really have to live with those?

Virgil shrugged and Patton sat up, looking at Logan, the logical side could still see the fear in his eyes so he opened his arms and Patton crawled towards him, hugging him tightly. Virgil frowned, Patton is definitely scarred from that.

"Do they do anything to you?" Roman questioned, shuffling closer to Virgil.

"Sometimes they talk to me....they say horrible things, how I'm useless and should die...I'm sorry for letting them escape" his voice cracked and Roman pulled him into a hug.

"Don't you dare listen to them, you are not useless and never ever think about dying, okay? Please...I couldn't live without you, Virgil" Roman whispered the end, clutching Virgil tightly to his chest as if he would slip from his grasp forever.

"I won't, I promise" Virgil whispered back, hugging him just as tightly.

The sides finally realised the torment Virgil goes through everyday, each of them made sure to remind him he was needed, that he was important, that it would never be the same if he left. It became increasingly harder for the creatures to affect Virgil, the more time he spent with Logan, Patton and especially Roman, the more the creatures seemed to vanish into the back of his mind.

Never to be seen again.

--

Does anyone remember the never ending story? Fuck that was a good movie. When the horse died I was gone, like OKAY TEARS CAN YOU STOP NOW???

Anyway thanks for the request!