Singing - Roman x Virgil

"It's empty in the valley of your heart, the sun, it rises slowly as you walk, away from all the fears and all the faults you've left behind"

Virgil paused his movements just a few feet away from Romans room, was he...singing? Virgil knew it wasn't irregular for Roman to be singing but he wasn't singing a Disney song? That's strange and never happens.

"The harvest left no food for you to eat, you cannibal, you meat-eater, you see. But I have seen the same I know the shame in your defeat"

He slowly put down his plate which held a few slices of pizza and his drink, heading to Romans room slowly. He didn't want to disturb his singing, as secretly Virgil enjoyed it, Roman even if they all had the same voice knew how to use his singing voice to its full power.

"But I will hold on hope and I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck, and I'll find strength in pain and I will change my ways I'll know my name as it's called again"

Virgil leaned on the wall next to Romans door, he slowly lifted his arm and gripped the doorknob, turning it as slowly and quietly as he could. Pushing open the door ever so slightly Virgil peeked his head in and looked at Roman.

"'Cause I have other things to fill my time, you take what is yours and I'll take mine. Now let me at the truth, which will refresh my broken mind"

Roman had his back to Virgil, Virgil could see Romans clothes were a bit ruffled and not their usual pristine way. His room was trashed, things from his desk scattered everywhere, the bedsheets not even on the bed and pillows halfway across the room.

"So tie me to a post and block my ears, I can see widows and orphans through my tears, I know my call despite my faults and despite my growing fears"

Virgil thought why he would've done that, trashed his room. It's not like Roman to not have everything perfect, he wasn't as OCD as Logan because sometimes stuff in his room weren't placed in perfect spots but he definitely wasn't the messy type.

"But I will hold on hope and I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck. And I'll find strength in pain, and I will change my ways, I'll know my name as it's called again"

Virgil slowly opened the door more and slid in, silently closing the door behind him and leaning on it. He watched Roman run a hand through his hair and tug it, taking a few steps forward.

"So come out of your cave walking on your hands and see the world hanging upside down. You can understand dependence when you know the maker's land"

Virgil wondered why he was singing this particular song, did it have a deeper meaning? Did it have a deeper meaning to him? Or was he trying out his options for songs other then Disney? He couldn't of gotten bored of Disney songs but he might want a change? Virgil didn't know.

"So make your siren's call and sing all you want, I will not hear what you have to say 'cause I need freedom now and I need to know how to live my life as it's meant to be"

Virgil smiled slightly, he didn't understand the lyrics but he was definitely enjoying hearing Romans voice. Roman wasn't that quiet with his singing voice and whenever he did sing Virgil still cherished it like it would be the last time he'd ever hear it.

"And I will hold on hope and I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck. And I'll find strength in pain, and I will change my ways. I'll know my name as it's called again" Roman finished and leaned on his desk, letting his head hang down.

Virgil pushed off of the wall and crept up behind him, tapping his shoulder. Roman spun around in fright, relaxing when it was only Virgil but tensed again as he realised he must've heard his singing.

"How...how long have you been here?"

"Ever since you started the song" Virgil replied, smirking a bit. Roman sighed and casted his eyes down.

"Did you like it?"

"Yeah, I like anything that's sung by you" Virgil replied, shrugging. Roman chuckled lightly, looking back up at Virgil with pain filled eyes.

Virgil stared back into his eyes looking at all the emotion swimming around in them. Virgil reached forward and held Romans hand in his own, giving him half a smile and a small blush.

Roman held his hand back, smiling the same way Virgil was. They stared at each other in peaceful silence just happy to be with one another. It was Roman who made the first move, he let go of Virgils hand to wrap both of his arms around him, tugging him to his chest softly.

Virgil hugged him back, resting his head on his shoulder and sighing in content.

"I love you" Roman whispered, closing his eyes and hugging him tighter.

"I love you, too, Princey"

--

I diiiiiiid iiiit!!!

Thank you for the request!

If anyone has a request comment it up above!