Rejected - Patton & Logan

Trigger warning: rejection, almost-self harm

"Logan? Could I talk to you for a second?" Patton asked, holding his arms behind his back and balancing on the balls of his feet. He was very nervous.

"Of course, Patton" Logan stood up and nodded for Patton to continue.

"Well uh...you see I...uh..." Patton stumbled, blushing. Logan watched on, not knowing why Patton was nervous.

"Logan" Patton gained a little confidence, "Iloveyou" he blurted out quickly, Logan somehow understanding. He stood silent for a few seconds and Patton became more and more scared as time went on. Logan's blank expression didn't help either.

"Oh, Patton" Logan began and Patton already felt his heart hurt just from the tone of his voice, "I am sorry, I do not return your feelings" He said, it hurt Patton even more that he wasn't hesitant, he just came out with it...

"Oh...it's okay!" Patton smiled but it as fake, "I um, I hope it doesn't make it awkward between us"

"Oh do not worry, Patton" Logan smiled which made Pattons heart flutter. "It will not be awkward"

Patton nodded and thanked him, turning and leaving his room. He went to his own room and closed the door before he collapsed. Tears cascaded down his reddening cheeks without no sign of stopping, sobs escaped his parted lips and shocked through his body, making him shudder violently.

He crawled away from the door and leaned on the couch, sniffling and breathing in deeply - his breathing hitched a bunch of times and with the sobs and cries it was hard for him to breath.

He wrapped his arms around his torso in a sort of self-hug and brought his knees up to his chest, hiding his face.

What seemed like hours passed and Patton was still crying, him being the heart he felt broken. Standing up on shaky legs he stumbled to his bathroom to clean up, leaving the door open he balanced himself on the sink and stared at himself in the mirror.

He looked a wreck, big puffy red eyes, dark red tear stained cheeks, quivering lips, messed up hair.

Patton sighed and dropped his head, his eyes scanning his sink until they stopped on a razor. Why was that there? He doesn't remember putting it there nor would he suspect someone else to put it there.

Ignoring this thoughts he stood up straight and picked it up in shaky hands, he started to cry and sob again, gripping the razor and lifting his other arm up.

Fortunately as he was sobbing Virgil was talking down the hallway to meet Prince, Virgil heard the crying and stopped, looking at Pattons door. Was Patton crying?

Meanwhile Patton was still holding the razor just above his arm, sobbing louder the before, salty tears splashing onto the sink.

It's not much of a surprise, Patton thought to himself, why would Logan like me back? Let alone love me. I'm pathetic, all I can do is be annoying...I'm too stupid for Logan...now I'm being irrational.

Patton whimpered, opening his eyes to look at the razor.

"DAD! Stop!" Virgil had ran in, screaming. He threw the razor across the room and Patton fell into his arms, crying into his shoulder. Virgil hugged the Dad like trait tightly, not wanting to think what would've happened if he didn't come into Pattons room.

"What were you doing?" He asked, Patton sniffled and clutched Virgil, explaining everything that happened. Once he finished Virgil slowly helped Patton to his bedroom, laying the crying side on his bed.

"I'm so sorry, Pat" Virgil whispered, brushing some of his hair from his face.

"It's fine...I'm fine" Patton weakly smiled at him, it dropped a few seconds after and he averted his eyes. Virgil didn't want to leave him alone so he laid on top of the blankets next to him, waiting until Patton had fallen asleep.

"Don't worry Pat, everything will be okay" Virgil whispered soothingly.

"What if it's not?" He sniffled.

"It might not be okay for awhile but it will be soon, trust me" Virgil reassured him, Patton cuddled up to him and cried silently, falling asleep minutes after.

--

Thanks for the request!