Lost 2 - No Ship

"What do you wanna do when we get there?" Virgil asked Roman, smiling.

Logan held himself back from correcting Virgil, he didn't want to ruin the moment.

"I don't mind" Roman replied, smiling back at him.

"Why not a house tour?" Patton offered, "yeah! Unless you don't wanna, that's also fine" Virgil replied, he was nervous, he didn't want Roman to leave so he wanted to make sure Roman got treated the best he can be.

"I don't mind" Roman replied again, still smiling.

"What about a bath?" Logan suggested, it would be a lie to say Roman didn't smell bad.

"I go for bafths in the river! I would want to waste your water!" He paused, "I mean I wouldn't! I'm sowwy, I get my words mixed up...wait, sorry! I said it wrong...I'm sorry! I'm being annoying...I'm really sorry!" Roman blurted out, becoming more worried. He doesn't want to annoy them!

"Hey, Roman" Patton turned around in his seat and gave him a reassuring smile. "You're not being annoying, you're adorable. And you will never have to bath in the river, you live with us now and you wouldn't be wasting the water"

Roman nodded and smiled at him, bringing his blanket closer to his body. Earlier they went to where Roman "lived" - under a bridge, they got his belongings which consisted of his dirty worn blanket, a picture of who he thinks are his parents, and his toothbrush.

The other homeless people told him to take care of his teeth or the tooth fairy would kill him.

They parked outside of their house and Roman gasped, turning to Patton. "I can't live here!"

"Why not?" Logan asked, taking the keys out of the car.

"Do you not want to live with us?" Virgil frowned, his heart hurting.

"I do but...! I..I been told that I belong in the sewers...not big houses like yours!" Tears welled up in his eyes at the thought of being kicked out onto the streets. He couldn't live their again! It's hell!

Patton jumped to action and got out of the car, going to his side and opening his door.

"Roman, don't cry! Come here!" Patton held his arms open and Roman climbed into them, picking him up easily Patton cradled the upset boy. Logan and Virgil got out and gave him worried looks.

"I-I'm sorry" he sniffled and Patton rubbed his back, "don't apologise, okay?" He whispered.

They all went inside, Patton took Roman to have a bath while Logan and Virgil went to the living room.

"Why is he so nervous?" Virgil asked his Daddy. "He has been homeless for years, this is all new to him, he's scared so don't force him to do things, okay?" Virgil nodded and the two watched tv to pass the time.

"Here's the bath!" Patton smiled, running the water. "Do you need me to stay or can you do this by yourself?"

Roman bit his lip, he didn't know what to do but he didn't want to waste Mr. Sanders time. Roman smiled and said he can do it by himself.

"Okay, call me if you need me" Patton kissed his head and he left, closing the door behind him.

Roman looked at the water, dipping his hand in he expected cold water but when it wasn't cold he was surprised, but it was nice. He didn't know to turn off the water so he stripped down and got in, rubbing the water on himself.

When the water became dangerously close to the edge his eyes widened, oh no, oh no, oh no!

"Mr. Sanders!" He called getting out, he worriedly looked at the bath that was ready to overflow.