Chapter 13

Haley POV

            “Haley please I love you, all I have is you” Jesse was yelling at me. “No just leave me alone” I yelled, he grab my arms, “I can’t lose you Haley” he yelled.

    I woke up in a gasp breathing hard, I looked around, and I was still on the bus. “Hales you alright?” Riley asks. “Nightmares I am okay” I said. “Don’t worry every stop we made I make sure Jesse wasn’t here” she said. They still haven’t caught that asshole. “How much longer till we are there” I said. “About 5 more hours” she said.

   Its such a long way, I just wanted to be there already and be as far away from Jesse, I am still hoping this was all a dream, a terrible nightmare I am going to wake up. I never saw this coming not at all I never thought Jesse would that kind of guy. Once they catch him it will be over.

    I got a text from Drew saying he was already there, I wanted to be there even more knowing Drew there now. “Drew here” I said. “He there already that was fast” she said, “He flew here” I said. “Whats the plan when we get to California” she said. “Trying to be normal as possible and hopefully go back to school in the fall” I said.

    “Are you going to stay at Drew place?” she ask, “Yeah I mean if that’s okay with you” I said. “I was kind of wondering maybe we could stay at a dorm room” she said, “How could we?” I ask, “Well while you were sleeping I was talking more like arguing with the schools down in Long Beach at California State that we could start school since the semester did just start” she said. “You are amazing” I said.

       “I know” she said, we laughed. “This is going to be my start over” I said, “Its going to get better I promise” she said, I put my head on her shoulder.

      It was hard to sleep I kept having nightmares my mind was just wrapped around this whole thing. We finally got to Chicago Riley and I got off the bus it was getting dark here soon. “Haley” I heard Drew call out, I turn seeing him I ran to him jumping into his arms. “Oh god” I said.

         “Are you okay” he said, “I am now” I said. He kept on hugging me.

     “I found you” he said, I looked at him “You found me” I said. We kissed. “Hey Riley you okay?” he ask, “Yeah I am good” she said, “Whats the plan now?” I ask, “Well I booked us a flight to California tomorrow morning it was the only one” he said, “That’s okay its all good” I said.

   “I got us a motel to stay for the night, you girls must really tired” he said. “I know Riley is she been looking after me” I said. “Making sure you were okay” she said.

    We headed to the motel going to the room, “Oh one bed are all going to snuggle” I joked. We laughed, “You girls get the bed I will sleep on the chair” he said.  I sat on the bed, Riley went into the bathroom. Drew sat with me wrap his arm around me. “Thanks for coming” I said. “Of course, I would do anything to protect you” he said, I just looked at him. “How are you really feeling Hales?”

     “Scared I mean I don’t know what to feel like I don’t know who I can trust anymore I mean Jesse knew me before I met him he knew everything about me, I never saw it coming he was so sweet and caring to me I never saw it in him, he stalked my life, basically made me like him and he hit me” I said. “You don't have to worry about him anymore, as long as I am here he will never touch you again” he said.

    I put my head on his shoulder, he kissed my head.

     I looked at him and started to kiss him. “If you guys need a minute I can go take a shower” Riley said, I pulled back and laughed. “No, no, no were good it’s okay” I said. “Take her offer” Drew said, I hit his arm. “Stop it” I laughed. “We need some ice” Riley said.