Chapter 15

Haley POV

        I got a call from Nash that I had to go back to Chicago for the court hearing, I have to go testify against him, I don’t want to be there at all I don’t want to look at Jesse face. I don’t know if I can do it. I was just packing a small bag, I ask Drew to come with me, and I need him with me I couldn’t get through this without him. “Hey when does your plane leave?” Riley asks, “In an hour Drew should be here should soon” I said. “Are you guys coming back the same day?” she ask, “Most likely all I have to testify against him tell them what happened” I said. “Are you okay with doing this?’’ she ask, not at all I don’t want to do this but soon as I do this it’s a step closer to being with Jesse all together.

    “It’s something I have to do” I said. Someone knock on the door, it was Drew coming in. “Hey you ready to go?’’ Drew asks. “Yeah let’s go” I said, I hugged Riley goodbye and headed to the airport to catch our plane.

    We were on the plane I was just looking out the window. “Hey baby you should sleep before we get there” Drew said. “No I’m okay” I lied, I haven’t slept in 24 hours since I got that call, I can’t sleep I close my eyes and I see him. “You look tired as hell baby please sleep” he said. “Drew I am fine” I said. I love how he cares for me so much. I put my head on his shoulder I grab his hand and he kissed my head. “I love you so much” he said.

    I tried to sleep but I couldn’t at all, I just wanted to cry I was afraid yet anger.

    We landed in Chicago and took a taxi straight to the court house. I was shaking so bad I couldn’t stop. I wanted to pass out I didn’t want to be here. We got there walking inside I felt so much nerve in me what if I can’t talk and I start crying. “Hey wait right here I’m going to let them know we are here” Drew said. “Okay I’m going to use the bathroom” I said, I headed to the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror, I was breathing hard, looking down just thinking about what happened him kidnapping me, finding out all the secrets. I put some water on my face, “Its okay Haley you can do this” I told myself.

   I walked out the bathroom, standing in front of the door waiting to go inside, I saw Drew talking with Nash I looked at them. “Haley, Haley” I heard someone yelled. I looked down the hallway seeing Jesse handcuff being held by the arms by 2 cops, I started crying and breathing hard. “Baby I knew you come for me, tell me it was all a mistake I was only protecting you, tell them that you love me Haley, Haley I love you” Jesse yelled whiling walking by me going inside the room.

   I almost hit the floor. Drew grab me, “Hey, hey, hey are you okay baby” Drew said holding me I was crying, “No get off of me I’m not your baby Jesse no, no” I was yelling I was moving around. “Haley it’s me, it’s me Drew hey” he said, I turned looking at him. I hugged him crying. “I can’t go in, I can’t” I cried.

   “Its okay, its okay” he said. “Haley are you okay?” Nash asks, I looked at him, “I’m sorry I thought I could handle this, but I don’t think I can go in there” I said. “Haley I know it must be hard but all you need to do is sit there I will do the talking” he said, “What do you say Hales I will be right there by your side” Drew said, I knew I couldn’t get out of this. “Fine okay” I said. “Alright they should be ready for us” Nash said he went inside.

    Drew wiped by tears off my face. “You will be okay baby I will be by your side” Drew said. “I can do this” I said, “They are ready come on” Nash said. Drew grab my hand and we walked inside sitting at a table. I was trying not to look at Jesse. Nash was talking I just didn’t want to listen or anything.

   “Miss Parker can we please get your statement” Nash said. I shook my head yes walking up to sit up on the stand I looked at Jesse and looked away. “Miss Parker please explains your relationship with Jesse Mitchell” he said. “Um we were a couple for 2 years, we first met my freshman year of college seemed like a nice boy, till I realize some secrets” I said.