Chapter 5

I wake again from the same dream. It's afternoon now. My stomach gurgles and I say "must be hungry."

Promfery says "if your hungry you must be feeling better, go to dinner then get some more clothes and come back here." I nod towards her and head to the great hall. I walk in and sit back at the end of the table again. My thoughts over take me and I try to block other people talking which seems to magnify. Draco and the rest of the group comes in. I shift slightly. He passes and they sit near me, I shift even more to the end.

As much as it kills me, I can't hurt him again. I can barely believe I hurt him in the first place. I eat but not much. I mainly eat bread and drink water. Once I finish, I get up and head to the common room. I go up to my room and pack clothes and tooth brush and other things I will need. I put on a large, 'I Love London' jumper that is way too big. I take off my necklace and fold his jumpers. I leave them on my bed.

I put a note saying "give letter and items to Draco. I'm sorry, Amy.' Hopefully Becca will give the letter to him. I grab my backpack and walk down. I pass Becca and say quickly "my bed." Then walk though everyone including Draco who tried to talk to me. I keep walking and go back to the hospital wing. I cry.

Draco's POV

Why won't she talk to me? I go to my room and there is a knock. Becca walks in holding my jumper and a letter. She says "Amy left them for you." She turns and leaves. I put my jumpers on the bed and open the letter. It reads:

To Draco,

So much as it kills me to do this, I have to. I can't hurt you again, I shouldn't have hurt you in the first place and for that I will be sorry forever.

It is for the best that we split and you hate me. I can't hurt you or anyone else anymore. I can't take it mental or physically. I know what I did to you and I know that you probably want to talk to me but I can't so please don't try.

Just know this, I know I never said it but I love you and probably always will which makes it harder to leave but I have to do it. I know you don't want to here me say that but I had to say it to you at least once. I will never forget the day we met and the first time we kissed.

I hope you will find someone else to make you happy.

Love you always.

Amy xxxx

Ps. I couldn't keep the necklace.

I tip out the necklace and turn it over. It had our initials on it and I never told her. She can't do this to me. I jump off the bed with the necklace in my pocket and the letter in my hand. I run last people, pushing them out of the way. I have to get to the hospital wing. I pass Blaise in the common room. He looks from me to the letter and follows me out with Becca behind. I push people put of the way. I get to the hospital wing and see only Promfery there.

I ask "where's Amy?"

"Went for a walk." I run out of there passing the other two. I see someone in a red jumper and follow them. I shout "Amy."

She turns and faces me for a second, her face is soaked in tears. She turns back and keeps walking. I grab the letter off Blaise and run up to her. "You can't do this over a letter."

Amy's POV

He says you can't do this over a letter. I know but I can't tell him. I turn and say "please just stay away from me before I hurt you."

He shouts back "you won't."

He starts walking towards me. I hold my hands out and say "please don't." He keeps coming forward. I feel power in my hands and push it forwards. He uses his wand to try and stop me by making a shield. I whisper "I'm sorry but it's for your own good." He says something but I put my hand to the floor and it pushes him back.