Chapter 49

Someone shakes me and says my name. It's Draco, "Amy, wake up. It's not real." I shot up and bang heads with him, causing him to fall off the bed.

I panic until I realise where I am. Anna is being held by George and is crying. She teleports to me and wraps her arms around my neck, I hold onto her tightly.

She let's go and says, "Amy."

"I'm okay darling." She nods and hugs Draco who sits back on the bed. He sits her on his lap. I take a few deep breaths and Molly sits on the bed next to me. "What happened?"

"I had to make some choice but I didn't and protected the people. My uncle used the cruci..... That spell on me and got my dad to do it as well. I could feel the pain, it was unbearable."

George says, "don't your powers protect you."

"Yeah but if it's powerful and it must have been then it has an effect." I look at him before looking away. Why couldn't I make a choice, obviously I wouldn't have chosen any of them to die but for the one to be with that was suppose to be Charlie. Is this a sign that I shouldn't be with him? Or is it telling me that I shouldn't be with anyone? I'm more confused than before.

Tonks says, "confused about what."

"Damn filter. Nothing. It doesn't matter." It does but they can't know that. I lay back and think. Anna cuddles up to me. "What time is it?"

Fred says, "about seven." I nod slowly.

"I will go get ready then. Come on Anna, let's get you ready."

Molly says, "I can do that if you want."

"Anna, who do you want to get you ready?" She points to Draco. I laugh. "Come on Smellpot. I will change you."

"But I want Draco to help." Draco looks at me awkwardly. I groan.

"Ask him then." She does and he looks into her eyes, bad idea.

He stands up. "Fine."

I laugh. "She does the same thing I do. We both have non-resistant puppy dog eyes."

Draco says, "yeah and that's why I am in situations like this."

I laugh, "aww come Draco, we all know you want to." He shakes his head and drags me along. Anna claps. I hear the others laugh and join them. Draco pushes me slightly and Anna glares at him. I pick her up, "good girl." She smiles and wiggles. I run a bath and she gets in, Draco does really look at her. We sit on the bath side as Anna plays in the water.

"Thanks for waking me up."

"No problem. What was it about?"

"Please don't ask. It was terrible." Anna splashes our backs and we turn around. "Cheeky little nightmare." She giggles and Draco splashes me. I shake my head and control the water to rush all over him. I wash Anna and wrap her in a towel. I pull all the water out of my clothes but not Draco's.

We all move back into the room and I start helping Anna dress. Draco says. "Are t you going to dry me?"

"No I like this look."

"Wet?" We look at each other and burst out laughing. I nod. "Still same old Amy."

"I doubt that."

"Why?"

"Because things are just mad at the moment. With my uncle, my dad, the wedding, Charlie, everyone else."

"Does that include me."

"I don't know. I don't want to talk about this." I hold my hands out and pull the water out of his clothes. He smiles at me and we all split to get ready. Anna is downstairs with Molly. I shower and wash my hair. The water relaxes me. I also shave using magic, life is so much better since I learnt this spell.