Chapter 24

I let the second years in and seat them. "Right, I am Amy and that's what you call me. I will be your teacher for a while so respect me. First thing we are going to go over is the levitating spell." I pause. "Now, I know that most you already know how to do this but I need to check. So off you go." Some of them are able to do it and I help the others.

I turn around as a boy levitates a book and hits another boy with it. I walk towards them, "what's your name?"

"Michael Parsons."

"Detention, tomorrow night at 6 o'clock in here."

Some of the others laugh I say "if you all want detention then keep laughing and don't work." It works as they all go back to work. I get everyone to stop before to bell goes. "right, homework. complete the worksheet for next lesson. off you go. Mr Parsons."

He stops and walks towards me. "yes miss."

"I hope next lesson, you are paying attention."

"yes miss."

"good, off you go." He runs out. All I can think now is lunch. I teleport out once I pack up everything. I arrive and sit down next to George. I start to eat as Umbridge comes over.

"Amy, please accompany me."

"of course." George is the only one that knows that when I say this I don't really want to do or go where I am told. He takes his arm off me. I say "see you later." I walk out with Umbridge in front and Ace behind me.

She asks "I hope that you will be able to help me." She leads me to a storage cupboard. "could you help by cleaning this up for me. Magic wont seem to work.

I cant say no, she is the ministry after all. "of course."

"good, come find me when your finished." I nod and she walks away. I start sorting out books and files out. It takes me forty minutes to do. I come out and whack into someone. "sorry, I didn't see you."

Malfoy says "course you didn't. What were you doing in a cupboard?"

"Umbridge asked me to tidy it. I have to go find her. see you later." I teleport to the staff room and walk in. I find her sitting alone. I say. "its done."

"good, why don't you sit and we talk now instead of later." That works for me.

"sure."

She explains the 'wonders' of the ministry for the next twenty minutes and all the way to the class. we are slightly late so when we get there, everyone is already there. She stops talking and says "in we go." We all sit down, Hermione next to me and the others in front.

Harry asks "where were you all lunch?"

"she made me sort out a cupboard and then spent the rest of the time explaining the ministry." They nod

The lesson starts and its really boring and mainly copying for a text book. I don't mind as long as she doesn't talk. Seamus gets a detention. Once finished we all get up after getting told our homework is to copy out four pages. I relax, finally some time. I teleport to the dorm and land on my bed. I just lay there.

I don't even know when I fell asleep but I know I am because of the nightmare. It was that I had to torture people, including George and Malfoy. Someone shakes me to wake me up. I don't see who it is but pull them into a hug. They say "what are you doing?"

I pull back and jump up. Its Snape, of all people. "What are you doing here, sir?" I feel awkward.

"I have a job for you."

"of course sir. Sorry sir, I thought you was someone else." 

He looks uncomfortable as we walk out. "okay." That's all he says. It could be worse, it could of been...... nope, cant think of anyone. I laugh at my own joke. He asks "what is so funny?"