Chapter 39

I just watch. Percy says, "he will be fine." I nod and pack up his stuff. We then head to lunch and sit with the brothers. Joe says, "stop worrying he will be alright."

"How do you know I am worrying?"

Matthew says, "the constant looking at the entrance, the fact that you haven't eaten anything and its obvious."

"Thanks for that."

Rose sits next to me and asks, "you alright?"

"yeah." I pick up some bread and take a bite. The others come in and I say, "lets go boys." We all get up, "see you lot later."

We pass Malfoy who says, "where's your fiancée? I saw him run out in Charms. What did he learn you don't love him?"

"Fuck off Malfoy. His not the one who hit me and throw me into a wall." This got everyone's attention. 

Tom says, "yeah, at least he does abuse women."

Malfoy says, "at least I am not a....." I punch him in the mouth.

McGonagall says, "what is going on here?"

I turn to her, "Malfoy walked into my fist."

She says, "do we have to go through this again? You do not attack other students."

"This is payback for what he did to mean which was physically more painful."

"Do not hit anyone again."

"I promise."

"Apologise."

"Fine, sorry Malfoy." I say it with as much disgust I can.

"Good now off you go."

"Come on boys lets go."

I hear her telling him to go to the hospital wing. Tom says, "think you broke his nose."

"His lucky I didn't do worse."

We all laugh and sit in the common room. I am still worried about Charlie. Percy says, "his probably eating."

I shiver, "yeah."

Luke says, "you don't like to talk that do you?"

"Can you blame me? It is a bit odd but if it what you do then, good luck. As long as no one gets hurt."

Steve says, "we don't. We never have and animals are better."

I nod.

The lunch time passes slowly and we head off to Transfiguration.  Percy sits in front of me and I leave the seat open for Charlie. The lesson starts and we get set off working on changing a book into a bag. He still isn't back. McGonagall stops in front of me and asks "where is Mr Thorn?"

"He didn't feel well and....."

Malfoy cuts me off saying, "wonder why?"

"I don't know what's wrong." She could tell I was worried which probably means she knows I am lying.

She says, "alright then. Ask him to see me later to collect the homework."

"I will."

She looks like she wants to say more but doesn't and walks away. Percy asks, "you alright?"

"yeah, why isn't he back yet?"

"Calm down. He will back soon." We don't say much else because Hermione is sitting next to Percy.

I already practice it. Pansy says, "psst." I look at her. "is it true that he ran out because he realised how ugly you are?"

"Fuck off." I am not in the mood to deal with them right now.