Story 3: Calm Down, Evan

Warning: Harassment mention and suicidal thoughts

Jared walked into Evan's house. His mother waved at Jared and offered him anything. Jared declined but thanked her for the offer. He slowly opened and carefully opened the door and saw Evan lying on his bed, staring at the window.

Jared sighed. Ever since Evan had gotten harassed by their school bully, Josh, Evan got traumatized and stayed quiet. He wouldn't talk to his Zoe, Alana, his mom, Connor, or even Jared- his boyfriend. All Evan did for 2 days was stare at the window with lifeless eyes. Jared sat down next to his and pecked his lips. Evan's eyes shifted to Jared.

"Evan, please, talk to us. We wanna help you. I wanna help you." Jared said.

Evan held Jared's hand tightly and looked at the window again. He wouldn't budge.

Jared sat down in silence with him. Just then, the door opened and Connor appeared. He motioned his towards Evan and Jared shook his head.

"That's it. Josh's gonna get what he deserved." Connor muttered.

He clenched his fists as he ran out of the room. Evan sat up. Jared was about to squeeze him into a hug, but Evan's eyes were filled with worry.

"We have to go after him." Evan whispered.

Jared clutched Evan's hand as they ran out of the house. Evan's mom tried to see what was wrong, but they sped off.

*** *** *** ***

Connor ran to school grounds. Josh usually did school on the weekends because he would always get into trouble, he as well as other students. Josh was outside eating lunch with everyone else when Connor pushed him from behind. Everyone scattered away as Josh stood up and they took the fight in the corner of the school so no teachers saw.

"Leave Evan alone!" Connor punched Josh.

Josh fought back and they rolled back and forth on the floor throwing punches, throwing eachother against a wall, kicking eachother, etc. Dusk was coming and they still fought like it was the end of the world.

In the meantime, Jared and Evan were running to the school. Jared grabbed Evan's hand because he was faster. When they reached the school, Connor and Josh were badly beated, bleeding cuts or from their nose. Evan coulnd't handle seeing his friend getting hurt in front of him and went to attack Josh. He kicked him to a corner and jumped on his leg to crush it. Josh was quicker and pulled his leg back and violently kicked Evan's stomach. Evan fell over and gripped it. Jared dragged Evan back, Connor helping him. That's when they heard a click.

Josh stood up, shaking, holding a gun.

"I should've done this from the moment I met Evan- get rid of him." Josh declared.

Evan had tears strolling down his cheeks as he heard the gunshot, but weirdly, he didn't feel anything.

Instead, a tall body fell to the floor.

"CONNOR!" Evan and Jared hollered.

Josh ran away, leaving the gun in the dumpster. Connor's eyes were wide open, and he was slowly breathing as his chest spread with blood. Evan kneeled next to him and put his head on his legs.

"C-Connor..." Evan muttered, sobbing.

Jared kneeled down as fell and sobbed into his hands. He took off his glasses and wiped his eyes, only for more tears to fall.

"C-CONNOR!" Evan yelled.

Evan and Jared sobbed as they called an ambulance and police.

*** *** *** ***

Time skip brought to you by Walmart- Save drugs, live better.

Jared wrapped an arm around Connor as they walked into Evan's room. Evan was sitting on the floor, covered in thread and flowers with bags under his eyes. 2 days ago, he started working on it. And he still hasn't finishd it.

Jared helped Connor on the floor against the wall.

"He hasnt't stopped in 2 days?!" Connor asked.

Evan didn't look up from the flower crown.

"Evan..?" Jared asked. "Honey, you okay?"

Jared kissed Evan's cheek.

"I do these things to distract me from my thoughts. My suicidal thoughts."

Jared and Connor stared at eachother.

"Sometimes, I think, what would happen if I wasn't here?"

Jared and Connor scooted closer to Evan. Evan gasped softly as he finished the crown and placed it on Jared's head and yawned.

"Evan, you're an amazing person. You should never doubt yourself. You're a great friend and boyfriend, you've just been through a lot." Jared said.

Evan tiredly leaned a bit on Jared's shoulder. Soon enough, Evan fell on Jared's lap and passed out. Jared placed his flowercrown and placed it on Evan's sleepy head.