Story 41- Rewrite The Stars

Help I've gotten obsessed with The Greatest Showman overnight and this is my favorite song from it so WHY NOT

Conman

Jared sighed as he sat on the benches, looking down at his closed hands. Connor approached him and kneeled before him.

"They're small minded people."

Earlier, in a show they were going together, Cynthia and Larry, Connor's parents, mocked him for being in the standards he was, and he could never be enough for Connor.

Connor reached out to grab Jared's hand, but the small boy pulled away.

"Why do you care what they think?" Connor asked.

"It's not just them," Jared admitted, "I've never seen someone look at you the way your parents looked at me."

Jared sighed as he got up and approached where the ropes were tied, beginning to untie them.

"You know I want you, it's not a secret I try to hide."

Jared froze a bit at Connor's words, but continued to do what he was doing.

"I know you want me, so don't you say that our hands are tied.
You claim it's not in the cards, and fate it pulling you miles away and out of reach from me.
But you're here in my heart."

Jared stretched the ropes and went to the other pole to untie the rest.

"So who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?"

Connor stared slowly approaching Jared, letting his voice echo through the circus.

"What if we rewrite the stars, say you were made to be mine?

Connor grabbed Jared's wrist and pulled him close, Jared keeping his eyes away from him.

"Nothing could keep us apart, you'd be the one I was meant to find."

Jared pulled away and walked to the center of the circus, wishing Connor wouldn't follow him. He did, however, and kept pulling Jared to him and playing around with the rope, while Jared tried to snatch the rope back to his reach and get away from Connor.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say we get to be.
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours, tonight."

Jared tugged at the rope and flew up, a sack near Connor dropping. Connor looked up and saw Jared gracefully up high, arms played around a hoop. A single light was present, and flashed Jared in the sky and Connor down on the ground below him.

"You think it's easy?"

Jared slowly started floating down to the ground, staying latched to the group.

"You think I don't want to run to you?
But there are mountains, and there are doors that we can't walk through."

Jared softly hit the ground and swayed towards Connor, getting face-to-face with him and grabbing his hands and lifting them around, as well as moving the hoop around him.

"I know you're wondering why, because we're able to be just you and me-"

Once the hoop came back to Jared, he sat on it and swung around Connor, getting his full-attention.

"-Within these walls.
But when we go outside, you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all."

Jared climbed up to the rope and wrapped his legs around it, letting himself fall and face Connor, yet upside down, and letting him grab ahold of the hoop. They started to fly up again, and Connor slipped out of the grip and fell to the ground, landing.

Once Connor looked at Jared, he was walking along the railing of the sides of the walkways.

"No one can rewrite the stars, how can you say you'll be mine?

As Jared sung, he jumped off, still ahold of the rope, and swung himself to the other side, and running into Connor as they both tumbled along the ground, ending with Jared atop of Connor. The rope was quickly going up.

"Everything keeps us apart, and I'm not the one you were meant to find."

At last minute, Jared got ahold of the rope and flew up with it, leaving Connor star-struck on the floor.

"It's not up to you, is not up to me, when everyone tells us what we can be."

Connor jumped up to catch the rope and launched upwards, falling to the ground with the rope and pulling it down as Jared stretched his legs moved them around flamboyantly.

"How can we rewrite the wars, say that the world can be ours..."

Jared wrapped his body around the rope and let himself twirl as he fell, Connor catching him and spinning him around before setting him down.

"Tonight."

Both connected hands and had it in a wrapped hole on the rope where the hoop was supposed to be, and began to dance in sync with each other.

"All I want us to fly with you."

They both flung to the sky, in eachother's embrace, sitting together in harmony.

"All I want is to fall with you."

Jared let himself go and Connor caught him, still hanging from the rope.
Jared touched the ground and pulled Connor down.
The both got their own ropes and began to swing by eachother, but both looking into eachother's eyes.

"So just give me all of you.
It feels so impossible.
It's not impossible.
Is it possible?"

They were to pass by when they linked hands and spun around eachother.

"Say that's it's possible."

Connor hit the ground and threw Jared, as he swung around in the circle around the circus.

"How do we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine?
Nothing can keep us apart, cause you are the one I was meant to find.
It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be."

Connor ran up the stairs to one of the walkways and leaned against the border as Jared spun. Connor jumped, catching the rope and Jared wrapped an arm around him. Connor did the same

"And why don't we rewrite the stars, changing the world to be ours."

Both spun for a bit before slowly reaching the ground, both letting go of the rope. Both had tears of joy.

Well, one was tears of joy.

Jared looked at Connor with tears of sadness, about to cry at any minute. Their foreheads were connecting, and lips inches apart. They still had arms wrapped around eachother, before Jared slowly unwrapped it.

"You know I want you, it's not a secret I try to hide."

Jared's voice cracked as he sung, tears spilling.

"But I cant have you, we're bound to break and my hands, are tied."

Jared pulled away and walked off-stage, leaving Connor alone in the middle of the stadium.