Story 41- Hunger Games AU (Part 2)

No ships (kinda)

Zoe wasn't the best to talk to on the way to the Capitol. Her partner Dustin Kropp and her were sat down before their instructor, some dude named Percy Jackson. He seemed like good person, it wasn't his fault that Zoe was just clammy and quiet. She wanted to go home and that was all.

After they got off their trasport, they walked off into the Capitol, people waving and cheering for them. Dustin whistled and waved proudly, shaking the hands of a few fellow citizens. Zoe, however, focused on primarily looking ahead and paying attention to no one but Percy as he led them to their apparent "new home".

It was nowhere near they're supposedly new home.

Sure, Zoe was from the 3rd District, but even their compartment was no where near what she lived with. Everything was neater, cleaner, more advanced, more technological. It was also more isolated, but Zoe liked that part. There would be no friend-making in this death play.

As soon as she stepped foot in her room, however, she got called back to the main room by a familiar voice. It was none other than the woman that was announced Connor's name, dressed in these violently bright colors that it hurt Zoe's eyes just looking at her. Dustin waved Zoe over and scooted a bit so his partner could sit down.

"As you may know, tonight is the great showing! We will have you all primped up for tonight in no time!" The woman exclaimed, and clapped her hands in delight.

"How fun." Zoe muttered, her eyes averted to no-one in particular.

Nonetheless, she was dragged to a concrete room and stripped. Her helper dressed up and designed her face. In the end, they let her see her reflection at the mirror, and she cringed.

An almost-black dress covered her chest and up to her knees. The dress was splattered with some dark purple and navy blue, some little white specks hidden as well. She had black leather high-books that covered the rest of her legs and her feet. Her hair was professionally picked up in a bun, and her face showered with different makeup products- foundation, pink eyeshadow, some blush, mascara, and blue lipstick.

Dustin wore a suit with the same pattern as Zoe's dress and had black work shoes.

*** *** *** ***

Zoe and Dustin were in the chariot, passing by the audience of the Capitol. Both were waving as they rode by, and people cheered and clapped. They demonstrated big smiles, even if Zoe's was fake.

As the waited for the rest of the other people from the districts to come, Zoe waited with Dustin in the back while everyone waited. She counted the districts that came in and joined them.

District 4, District 5, District 6-

Zoe's heart stopped as she saw the two from the 6th District. But she wasn't eyeing the boy, no, it was the girl.

She had her hair let down onto her shoulders, blue flowers planted in her hair. She had glasses on her cute face as she smiled. A blue long dress covered her whole body, so the shoes were't visible. The blue dress was glittery all over, but it was pretty.

todays's my birthday, and ive been gifted like 5 bags of sour patch