Story 58- Take A Break

I swear to god these comments will all be Hamilton related ones.

Conman

Connor slammed his alarm clock as he rushed out of bed. 

8:50

"Fuck, I'm gonna be late!" Connor screamed, throwing the covers off of him and slamming the doors open of his closet. 

Connor had a lot of things on his hands. He had family issues, personal issues, school issues, and that took a lot of time from him. He spends so many nights working hard and trying his best to accomplish people's expectations. The truth was, people thought Connor as a slacker, but he does care. A lot. For example, at this moment, he was supposed to be heading to Jared's house for a project they had to do.

Connor stripped from his pajamas and slipped on his jeans and black hoodie. Then, his boots. Connor then grabbed his bag and went to the bathroom, looking at his messy hair.

"I have no time for this!" Connor grabbed a liga (it's a hair tie, I say liga because of my parents. By the way this is me re-reading this chapter, sorry) and made a messy bun. 

The boy ran down the stairs and looked for his keys, and looked outside to see the car gone. Dammit, Zoe got to it first. Connor groaned in frustration and just sprinted out of the house and went to the metro. He found the train heading to Jared's location and hopped on.

Jared<3: Babe where are you

Jared<3: You were supposed to be here at 9:30

Jared<3: It's 9:45

Connor: Got up late

Connor: Sorry

Jared<3: Up late again?

Jared<3: Ive told you this many times you need to stop doing that

Connor: Im  sorry baby i had things to do. Ill be there in like 10 minutes

Jared<3: alright. Love you ;)

Connor: love you too <3

Connor turned off his phone and stuffed it in his pocket. Last night he was finishing some homework and it ended up taking him all night, making him go to bed at 7:50 am. Connor leaned against the wall of the metro and closed his eyes for a bit, him being exhausted and all that.

As soon as the metro stopped, Connor got off and walked a block until he was right before Jared's house. He walked up the steps and knocked on the door, waiting for his boyfriend open the door. And almost immediately he did.

"You came!" Jared smiled, hugging him.

"Indeed I did." Connor replied.

Jared parted and looked at Connor, worry washing over his face. "You look dead. Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, just had something. Let's go." Connor avoided the question and walked in, Jared following him. 

Jared lead Connor to the dinning table, where there weer a bunch of papers and his computer on it.

"You ready?" Jared asked, sitting down in front of his computer and cracking his knuckles.

"Yeah. I'll do the second half, right?" Connor asked, taking a seat and pulling his laptop out of his bag.

"Yeah. We'll take a break in... an hour."

Connor nodded and turned on his computer, getting some papers and writing down all the information he needed. Maybe 20 minutes had gone by when he started getting really tired. He leaned his head against his arm and yawned, his eyes getting harder to keep open. Connor rubbed them and kept working. After a few more minutes Connor put his head down and kept writing some more. It wasn't until his eyes couldn't take the strain that he fell asleep.

*** *** *** ***

Jared cracked his knuckles and took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. He looked at the time- an hour and a half had passed by. He looked up from his computer and saw Connor's head burried in his computer as he was working.

"Alright Connor, we can take a break." Jared informed, but he didn't get a reply.

"Umm, Connor? Hello?" Jared called again.

He didn't get a reply even still. Jared walked up to Connor's seat and saw Connor breathing softly as he was sleeping, hunched over. His right hand was set in the table with the pencil still in his hand, as if ready to write. The bags under his eyes were prominent- as if they have been stuck there for days.

Jared sighed, he knew Connor would pass out sometime. He just needed a small break.

Jared picked up Connor swiftly, and tried not to wake him. He went over to the couch and set Connor softly down on the couch, and draped a blanket over him. Jared then kissed his forehead and let him get the sleep he needed.

Jared decided to finish the project himself. He could do it this once. But instead of working again on the table, Jared worked on the floor beside Connor. He wanted to make sure his love was getting the rest he needed. And so, Jared grabbed his computer ad papers, and set himself beside his boyfriend, who was as angelic as ever, and got to work.