Story 40: Just Ask! (Part 2)

Kleinsen

Jared gulped as Evan approach him.

"So...." Jared muttered as Evan sat beside him.

"Jared, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" Evan asked worringly, fiddling with his hands.

"No, it wasn't you! I just, got nervous." Jared said.

"About what?" Evan asked.

Jared took a deep breath and searched in his pockets. Here we go, here we go.

"I... I want you to know that whatever happens, will you please stay friends at least?"

Evan nodded, getting worried.

"You are, one of the best things that has ever happened to me. You have so many talents that make you you, and I never want you to change."

Jared got on one knee and pulled out the box, opening it wide. Evan gasped and felt tears stream down his face.

"Evan Hansen, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me, and be forever mine?"

Evan nodded eagerly, tackling Jared into a hug, as they both cried.

"I do."

*** *** *** ***

"I do."

Evan felt tears sting his eyes as he said those words and stared at Jared before him. They were now at their wedding, in their tuxedos and holding hands before eachother. Their hair was neatly combed and they were pleasantly happy.

"You may now kiss the groom."

Evan pulled Jared into a kiss, wrapping his arms around Jared's torso and leaning down, Jared kissing back passionately.

People clapped in the crowd. Connor, their best man, smiled wide in content. So did Heidi, their best woman.

"I love you." Jared said, somepoint in the after party.

"I love you too." Evan smiled, kissing him again.

"You like it?" Jared asked, gesturing to the environment around them.

Zoe was getting drunk and Alana and Heidi were talking, Connor dancing with his girlfriend.

"Perfect."

*** *** *** ***

"Perfect."

3 year later, at the Viranca Orphanage.

Evan and Jared found the perfect little child to adopt- they were the perfect one. Their child, Quinoa, was physically a girl with short blonde hair and freckles, a little chubby and shirt, but adorable nonetheless. However, they were considered non binary, so yeah.

"They're perfect." Evan said again as Quinoa walked towards Evan and Jared, smiling brightly and hugging them.

"Are you guys my new parents?" Quinoa asked, hopeing Jared and Evan said yes.

"Of course! And we'll love you forever." Evan smiled.

Quinoa giggled and walked off with her new parents hand-in-hand.