Story 43- Guardian Angel

Treebros

Up in the heavens, the heavens where people couldn't see and assumed it was in the clouds, were angels (Either way it was true).

Angels were god-like creatures that protected the humans assigned to them, and kept them away from the danger in any way they could. Sometimes, however, they were tasked to take a human's soul up to heaven, as it was their duty.

Evan Hansen was one of those angels. He revised the dark-cursive writing on his arm, it looked like a name was tatooed on his arm.

Connor Murphy

Evan sighed at the name, since he has to go down to earth and find this human, and then bring him back.

Nevertheless, Evan did as he was supposed to and let his wings stretch a bit before went to passed the main entrance gates of Heaven. He then dove down and pulled the sleeve off of his white gown as he hoped the name to glow.

You see, angels weren't exactly given locations. Instead, they had to see if the name got brighter and brighter, and that indicted that they were getting closer.

Evan found his arm beging to show the said light. Keeping on until the name was nothing no more but a bunch of light, he found himself in front of a house. He flew around the windows one by one, finding no one in the dark household. It wasn't until he flew in front of the bathroom window that he saw the said 'Connor Murphy'.

Conner was a teenage male from what he could tell, and was inflicting self-harm as he sat in the corner, shuddering at the pain. Evan forced himself to go through the wall and tripped as he went through, in front of Connor.

Evan stood before the boy and took off his halo so he could be visible to the human eye. He say Connor and felt things he had never felt before.

Connor was a dashing young man, dark long hair and smooth-looking lips. His fair skin was beyond anyone could ever see, and that's coming from an angel.

It was upsetting that Connor was passed out on the ground, eyes closed as he was severely bleeding from his arms and throat. In his palm was a sharp blade.

As Evan went back to putting on his halo, he saw Connor's white soul leave the body. It was maybe halfway out when something came over Evan.

Evan immediately pushed the soul forcefully back to the body, shoving it there until it couldn't get out. He saw Connor's body begin to breathe more regularly, but still not healthily. He then knelt before the unconcious boy and inserted some happy memories.

Helping someone that was, 'going through fate' as they would say, wasnt allowed. You could be banished from heaven and become a fallen angel.

But for some reason, that didn't once cross Evan's mine.

Instead, he admired the beauty of Connor, glad he was risking himself for him.

*** *** *** ***

Evan felt himself sinking from he clouds he was under, and a tiny weight on his bag disappear painfully.

Just then, he completely fell through, and he was coming down to earth.

Evan, for saving Connor from going through gate, was becoming indeed a fallen angel. That was his consequence.

As Evan felt himself hit against the pavement, he felt a liquid leave his eyes. He didn't know what was happening, but he let the liquid leave and keep leaving, making Evan wail. It was called crying, and it the effect of an emotion called sadness.

Angels didn't have feelings, so it was confusing to Evan.

As Evan cried from where he was, dark in the night, he saw someone approach him.

"Are you okay? Do you need help?"

Evan shook his head, but the stranger shook out their hand anyway. As Evan took it, he couldn't help but gasp as he saw the scratched and pale arms. He slowly looked up to the gorgeous eyes of the tall male before him.

Connor Murphy.