Story 24: Prison AU (Part 1)

Treebros
Zolana

Evan shook scaredly as he neared the big and bland prison. As they got there, the police parked their car and pulled Evan out, shoving him towards the doors.

What happened, you might ask?

Well, Evan was walking down the street when he saw a murder. The murderer, whoever he was, stabbed someone and turned away, running for his life.
Evan, on the other hand, rushed towards the body and called an ambulance and police, who when came thought Evan was the murderer since he was blood-stained and had the knife beside him.

Evan was brought to court, alongside his weeping mother, Heidi. Evan's lawyer showed his proof that Evan wasn't the murder, and the other lawyer made sense of the other way around.
But for some reason the lawyers didn't play back what happened through cameras.

And so, in the end, Evan was "found" guilty.

So this is where he is now, being dragged into the main room of the prison. Evan had tears spilling to his cheeks and to his shoes the whole way there.

As the police shoved him to a seat, they chatted and handed Evan's information to someone who was behind the large chair, and was turned around. At the shoo of a hand, the police left.

Evan was terrified.

"Sir, please, you have to believe me! I-I didn't do it, I swear!" Evan pleaded.

"Who you calling 'sir'?"

Evan watched as a woman spun her seat around, almost about Evan's age, a bit older.

"Greetings, I'm Alana Beck, and you're in Beckington Prison now, there will be formality and structure in posture and language. You will follow me to strip down to your new clothing and will be assigned to your new with with your roommate."

Evan watched as Alana sat up and gripped his hand and lead him to another room, and handed him an orange jumpsuit to change. As Evan changed, Alana read his file.

"So... you murdered someone? Huh, we haven't had that one in a while." Alana told.

Evan felt embarrassed, but also deeply conflicted.

Alana then lead Evan to one of the mazes of halls and to one of the rooms in specific. The bars were already up in every room since it was still morning.

"Your bunk mate is Connor Murphy. Be careful, he isn't all fun and games."

And Alana walked out, leaving Evan shakenly making his way to one of the neat beds and sobbing until he fell asleep.