Story 7: Sibling Search

Thank you so much for all the support and reading you've done! Please continue to vote, comment, share, and follow me!
This chapter's gonna be really long because I wanna make it long. And I mean, REALLY LONG. So strap in, ladies and gentlemen, bois and gurls.
(In every hit we get imma make it long)
HERE WE GO!

Zoe yawned and stretched her arms. She squinted as the sun shone through the window and into her eyes. It was one in the afternoon, and she was up late last night doing a science project for school. But, it's all good, cause it was Saturday, and the project was due on Monday. The only thing she wasn't certain about is if her parents and Connor were home. Not that she cared.

Zoe took a refreshing shower and got dressed. She then combed her light hair and settled in little flowers. Evan taught her how to do it, since he always did it. She walked down the stairs. She opened the fridge and took out the carton of milk, feeling unusually light in her hands. She shook it- no noise. It was empty.

"GOD DAMMIT CONNOR, I'M GONNA FIND YOU!" Zoe screamed.

She ran upstairs to his room, but he wasn't there. She even checked in the bathroom and closet, since sometimes he hid there if he wanted to smoke his pot. She lifted his bed. No Connor. She looked under his desk. No Connor. She even climbed up to the roof of their house to check for him. No Connor.

"Hmm... okay Connor... I'm gonna find you myself." Zoe cracked her knuckles.

She grabbed her phone and earplugs and ran out of the house, looking for the milk stealer.

*** *** *** ***

She was sure Connor was at Evan's place.

Zoe ran up Evan's steps and got the keys from under the mat.

Evan had told the group that the keys were there if anything happened. This was an anything moment. A very anything moment.
Zoe unlocked the door and put the keys back under the carpet, then going inside. She bolted into Evan's room, slamming the door open.

"CONNOR MURPHY I KNOW YOU'RE HERE!" She screamed.

Instead of seeing Connor, she saw Evan bundled up in his covers, coughing.

Connor was not at Evan's place.

"Are you okay?" Zoe asked, sitting on the foot of his bed.

"...I'm sick..." Evan mumbled lower than he normally did.

"Awww, I'm sorry Evan. I was just looking for Connor."

Evan nodded tiredly.

"..It's okay. I like the flowers in your hair." Evan muttered, looking at Zoe's hair. His eyes shined a bit, knowing he was the one that taught her.

"Thanks, I thought it would look pretty." Zoe said sofly.

"..They are." Evan coughed, curling up tighter in his cheets.

"You want anything?" Zoe asked.

"..N-No, I'm fine, really." Evan sniffled and looked at Zoe.

"Well, if you need anything, just contact me. Okay?"

"..Okay, thanks Zoe." Evan weakly smiled at her.

Zoe grabbed her purse and walked out the door. Before she left, she peeped through Evan's door

"By any chance do you know where Connor went?" She asked, thinking of the possibilities in her head.